LANDBASE TRADING CO. LTD/Justen Trading Co Unlimited

Asouder
Contributor
Contributor

I really don’t understand the point of using paypal if they are not going to protect customers when they are scammed. I bought three shirts from this company, paid for expedited shipping and never received them. I filed a dispute with Paypal but now I am seeing that they scammed numerous other people but PayPal denied their claim. If they deny mine I am closing my account.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asouder 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

If you lose the dispute because the seller posts fake tracking then post back for more advice if you want it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Asouder
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the advice that I am well aware of already. If it is “impossible for Paypal” to stop/identify fraudulent companies, how do you expect the consumer to keep up? Protection from Fraud is something that both my credit card companies and my bank do, which is a benefit of me using them for payment. Once again I pose my question- what is the point of using Paypal if I am not protected from Fraud and scams?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asouder 

Well easy enough for a consumer to check each company that they purchase from instead of paypal checking millions in over 200 countries worldwide.

And I have given you tips on how to easily recognise them although avoiding Social Media sales is a good start.

Paypal do give you protection but its not a 100% coverall so you have to do your bit and risk assess your own transactions.

Lastly yes credit cards do help protect against fraud, but again not 100%.

A lot of posters on here have complained that their card issuer will not issue a refund for a SNAD item from China.

Bank accounts /debit cards rarely give any protection (country dependent of course).

So they have terms and conditions as well just like paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Asouder
Contributor
Contributor
I did my due diligence and still was a victim. Paypal has more resources than I do. I use them for safe shopping/to protect my purchases. I have had a couple of issues with fraud in the past (not many) and had no problems recovering my money with my credit card and bank. It is pretty cut an dry when you pay for a product that you never receive. Seems to me your advice is all about blaming the consumer. I hope you are never a victim of fraud and someone sends you advice telling you that it was your fault. Since advice is voluntary, please keep yours to yourself.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Asouder 

Amazing how folks get rude and abusive if they don't like advice 🤔

Guess adult debate is not your forte.

And yes I have been scammed years ago by one of these China websites, chucked the item in the bin and put it down to a learning curve.

What I didn't do is blame my payment processor for my poor choice of seller....!

As for keeping my advice to myself, sorry that's not your call. I will post when, if and as many times as I wish to.   😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Asouder
Contributor
Contributor
It is amazing how people comment and don’t read what they are commenting on. There nothing rude about my comment to you. You did not address my question, I did not ask how to avoid scammers. I asked what was the point of using pay pal if they are not protecting their purchases. They have a policy on this, and they are denying claims within their own parameters. Do I think they can do more to stop scammers as well- yes I do. So experts think so- yes they do. But I am not “blaming” them getting scammed, but they need to protect my scammed purchase as per their own policy. If you have nothing better to do than to spend your time time posting irrelevant “advice” - then you do you.
Login to Me Too

baba12
Contributor
Contributor

You are a PayPal employee, you have no shame. I hope they pay you accordingly for loosing your soul

Login to Me Too

tremors1
Contributor
Contributor

Here's an online tool I found that can help: [removed] They have a short video that helps you to see the warning signs of a scam. In my opinion, it is criminal of Facebook and other online social media that they can't seem to bother to vet their advertisers. They certainly are quick to put people in Facebook jail for political commentary they don't agree with as well as have their "fact checkers" label your posts fake when they don't agree with them.

Login to Me Too

Chandrell
I totally agree why is that person on here being negative. Whomever it is needs to go eat some - - -. He comes on here to tell us its our fault for being scammed. Its some weird ppl ot here these days with lots of miserable time on there hands.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.