Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
528 REPLIES 528

Khristen
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a 1 Week trial and ended up being charged for 12 weeks without my approval. I hope I will get a refund but from what I read the chances are not in my favour. 😞. I sure hope PayPal will exclude all the scammers based on public opinion and statements so that we cand really make online purchasing safer.
Login to Me Too

KristenS111
New Community Member
Yes! Me too!!!! Connected to Omo which is a fitness app! Did you get your money back?
Login to Me Too

Khristen
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, you can get your money back, you just have to be persuasive.
Login to Me Too

Baileekendall
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t sign up for this and I try cancelling artitech
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baileekendall 

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product and forget to cancel or do a survey and don't 'untick' a box to not subscribe. As a buyer you must agree to a billing agreement/subscription before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account.

If you don't notice during checkout OR don't cancel then it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TTParks
I signed up and paid for a fitness app. I did not see that it was a trial. I thought it was a one time fee. The next month they took twice that amount out of my account and when I tried to cancel it they charged me another $20 to cancel. What a scam.
Login to Me Too

Rick_inFulham
Contributor
Contributor

what surprises me is that with all the grief Actitech is causing to PayPal clients, PayPal is taking no action to warn these clients about the dangers of completing any transactions with Altitech without reading the (very) small print.  It would be v easy for PayPal to take such action. Seems like they are quite happy just to keep earning these commissions. Message to PayPal, "read these comments sometime, and draw some conclusions please".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @annegraham100 @judyboucher and @Rick_inFulham

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

I see you're looking to cancel the subscription in your PayPal account. You can cancel the subscriptions by clicking ' Automatic payments' under payments in the settings page of your PayPal account. Please refer this page for more information on automatic payments/subscriptions : What is a direct debit and how do I update or cancel one?

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

judyboucher
Contributor
Contributor

I want to cancel acitech

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.