How do I reopen a dispute for a full refund after it was ruled in my favor for a partial refund?

gracetabitha
Contributor
Contributor

I have been double scammed and I feel stupid but also in awe of how easily I fell for this.  I see now that it was a two-step trick that led me to file a a dispute with Paypal for an inaccurate charge which was ruled in my favor BUT which now has left me unable to file a dispute for a full refund. 

Two days ago I bought a Miqiko kinetic molecular heater featured in one of my Facebook ads. It said $69.97 with free shipping. However, when I checked my Paypal payments there was an unexplained manually added charged that brought the total to $80.46. So I filed a dispute and it was ruled in my favor with a partial refund of $11.46 given. 

I very quickly and belatedly found out that this entire thing was a scam. The seller Lamoon Ltd Pearlmoon is selling a fake product Miqiko kinetic molecular heater that is actually a cheap air freshener, and their website precedignity.com is selling jewelry.

Paypal won't let me reopen the dispute because when I go through the process I'm stuck at where this was already ruled in my favor with that $11 refund. How to I cancel the transaction entirely and get my $69.97 back? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @gracetabitha,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the dispute on your account and expecting a full refund and I know the process has been hard for you. For this situation, the only option is to contact our Customer Support team through the available contact options on our website as our advisors can look into your account, explain you better about this process and help you with the details and guide you with what next actions that needs to be taken to get the refund. You can contact the team by clicking the "Contact us" option at the bottom of PayPal page. Support is also available through Facebook by sending PM, Twitter and Instagram on DM. Unfortunately, on this platform, we cannot discuss any account related information for security reasons.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.