Friend accidentally did chargeback on our invoice. I am negative 15 dollars. Help?

AlexTheodosiou
Contributor
Contributor

as the titled suggests . I tried checking the paypal support pages but the page was removed for some reason. How can he revoke the case? Please help? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AlexTheodosiou

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some difficulty with a recent transaction. If they opened the case with PayPal, they can cancel the dispute in their Resolution Center and the funds will normally be available to you right away. If they opened the case with their bank, the funds may still remain on hold until PayPal receives the confirmation the chargeback has been cancelled through the proper channels. This may take up to 75 days. 

I hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AlexTheodosiou
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there Jon,

My friend told me that, when checking the resolution center, the specific case seems closed but for me it's still open. Is it possible to make changes on a closed case? Could it be a bug? Please let me know. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AlexTheodosiou

Welcome back! Apologies for any confusion there. The sender may still see both a bank / card chargeback or a PayPal dispute in their PayPal Resolution Center. If it's a chargeback, it may show as resolved or closed on the buyer's end because PayPal has completed the required steps on the buyer's end for that case type. With that in mind, it may still show as Open on your end as PayPal hasn't received the bank's decision yet. This is not a bug but intended functionality as PayPal must wait for any updates on chargebacks from the bank through the proper channels. If you have any questions about the case status or chargeback timeframes, you can reach our Customer Support teams here.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.