Welcome! Thanks for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I can certainly understand how concerning it must be to receive an email like this. Normally, if you've received a payment into your PayPal account and you've already confirmed your email address, you should see the transaction listed in your PayPal Activity.
One flag that stands out is that they want to send you extra money for the transaction. You should never need to receive extra money and then send it back in any way to complete a specific transaction. You can read more about How do I spot a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website here.
I hope that helps!
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Need to send back defective item for a refund. in Security and Fraud
- Payment keeps getting cancelled/blocked as a "potential risk" in Transactions
- Unathorized access to my account in Security and Fraud
- since when is 35 years old "an underage" or India "a country where we don't accept customers yet"? in Security and Fraud
- Account limited without any reason in Security and Fraud