Fraud fake email scam double pay

HexmadeKnut
New Community Member
I've received an email saying that I've received $330, but it says he has to send another $300 to complete the payment. Is this a scam? The email was also a gmail account.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @HexmadeKnut

Welcome! Thanks for joining PayPal's Community Forum. I can certainly understand how concerning it must be to receive an email like this. Normally, if you've received a payment into your PayPal account and you've already confirmed your email address, you should see the transaction listed in your PayPal Activity. 

One flag that stands out is that they want to send you extra money for the transaction. You should never need to receive extra money and then send it back in any way to complete a specific transaction. You can read more about How do I spot a fake, fraudulent, or phishing PayPal email or website here.

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.