Facebook shed ads a scam?

temp20220120d
Contributor
Contributor

I have been seeing a number of ads for a garden shed on Facebook for ridiculously inexpensive prices, ranging from$75-$159. Does anyone know if these are legitimate?  The following site has one for $75 and claims you can use Paypal. I would like to know if anyone knows about this site or has purchased this shed.

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220120d 

Read their terms and conditions, interesting reading.

Cheap, Chinese and probably tat.

But the company know that the cost to return the item trackable back to CHINA is more than the item is worth so you end up with a rubbish item and no refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@temp20220120d 

Read their terms and conditions, interesting reading.

Cheap, Chinese and probably tat.

But the company know that the cost to return the item trackable back to CHINA is more than the item is worth so you end up with a rubbish item and no refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sammy1963
Contributor
Contributor
I got my shed so it says on the pck of dollar post it notes in the package with a tracking number. So stupid to think i was getting a shed for that price.
Login to Me Too

JohnQPublic2
Contributor
Contributor
What does that mean ?!? Did you get a shed or a package with a post it note ?!?
Login to Me Too

Cashjon
Contributor
Contributor

He got a package with post it notes, not a shed, I received a white small cardboard box with trash paper in it. It’s a huge scam that PayPal is unknowingly helping them by denying our disputes. I had no idea the empty box was from them, it was just trash and I never did receive a tracking number until the dispute was denied. Then it all came back to me after I seen the package was delivered to my small corner mailbox. Of course no storage shed will fit in a small box so that’s when I remembered that I received this empty box that day and the scam all came together.

Login to Me Too

Monica128
Yes, same thing happened to me. I ordered two sheds and never received them. I got a tracking number stating that my package was delivered, but that was not true. I have cámaras out of my property and have proof that I never got anything. PayPal denied my case. PayPal is letting the scams get away Without investigating if there is more people who got scam from the same sellers.
Login to Me Too

Tremiker
They will deny your claim but if you call and actually speak to someone they will change it and award the case to you. Takes a long time to sit on hold but it was worth it to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

rwasplen
New Community Member

I fell for this scam as well. I at least got a small box with a cheap ring on a chain. I couldn't find the record of transaction in my account page, so I called the customer service number. Selecting "item different from what was ordered" got me to speak to a person. It only took a couple minutes on hold before reaching someone. While I couldn't use the Paypal website to dispute, the payment confirmation email has a transaction ID that they can use to track it. Initially, I was told up to ten days before they formally decide the dispute (to give the seller a chance to rectify), I got the refund email confirmation almost immediately. I suspect the scam has generated a big enough log of complaints that they know how it will end. If I interpret what I was inferred by the service rep, the reason the dispute gets denied often by Paypal is that the "link" to the Paypal site seems to let you make the payment without officially logging in. useful knowledge going forward.

Login to Me Too

Vg2022
I almost fell for the scam but had questions when PayPal was the only payment option. I sent an email questioning this via the Contact Us option on the site, but received no reply or copy of the email I sent. I also attempted to browse the website but it didn't exist. That's when I knew something wasn't right.
Login to Me Too

Cathut48

same thing with me, the only way to pay was with paypal and then I knew something was not right.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.