Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

krill123
Contributor
Contributor

Did you pay by paypal?

If so, take pictures of what you got. Pictures of all communication with them. Picture of advertisement.

Open a dispute and post all the pictures asking for a full refund. Then re-message them outside of paypal saying you opened a dispute and want a full refund. You can even copy/paste the link of this site to them saying you know they do this to everyone. This may scare them up enough to pay you back.

Because as I said, they are afraid of loosing their paypal purchase option.

If you paid by visa, call them and make a fraud complaint against them and ask for a chargeback.

The worst thing you can do right now is not fight back.. 

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Deborahfairley
Contributor
Contributor
I bought make up from them couldn't be furthe Bought make up from them completely the opposite of what it claims in a dispute with PayPal I
Login to Me Too

Deborahfairley
Contributor
Contributor
Sick and tired of this company misspelling goods mine was make up they missold in despute
Login to Me Too

RoselynValentin
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the Bad **bleep** Friend Necklace and Earring and paid for express shipping and my bestie hasn’t received it yet. It’s been about 3 weeks now. I can’t even track my order
Login to Me Too

Tigertedd
Contributor
Contributor

They got me again. I can't believe I didn't learn my lesson. I'm sure it was these guys that sold me dodgy halloween jock o lanterns, and now they've sold me Korok seeds (from the Zelda games) for my garden. The images had them as nice stained glass things, the description did say they were PVC, but I took that to mean the 'glass' was actually PVC. They turned out to be photos of the real product, printed onto PVC. I mean, they're okay for the kids to find in the garden, but they're not worth anywhere near the £40 I paid for them, you could probably. pick them up at 4 for £1 in the pound store. 

If this is allowed, then there's a pretty good business model there of picking stuff up from the pound store and selling it to mugs on Facebook for £40.

But it's not allowed, surely. How are these guys still operating if there is a thread here devoted to them? I'm sure the Chinese government have no problem with them operating, but can't Facebook stop them advertising? Can't PayPal suspend their account so they can no longer take payments (at least through PayPal we can dispute it, but if. they weren't supported by PayPal that would raise alarm bells with a lot of people before they went ahead with their purchase).

Anyway, rant over, unfortunately this means I'll never buy from China again. Which is a shame as I'm sure there are at least a few legit companies in China. I wasn't sure if this was the same company initially, I thought maybe I'd found a good one (once I'd realised the purchase wasn't actually from the website 'forever lovesong' but was in fact. from HUIMENG CO, but now I've looked back at the jack o lanterns and, lo and behold, it is actually the same company. Fairly predictable really. I'm so annoyed with myself!

Login to Me Too

krill123
Contributor
Contributor
Do not buy anything from facebook. Go buy it in aliexpress instead. At least in aliexpress you can open a dispute.
Login to Me Too

wormwood29
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a tiki mug and they said it was shipping from a warehouse in the USA and i would receive it in 25 working days. its been 60 days and they say they just shipped it.... from CHINA! plus they are selling it for double what other people are and its not even licensed. PayPal needs to cancel their agreement with them.
Login to Me Too

darksparkler
New Community Member

After just waiting for 2 months, my garden gnome from HUIMENG CO., LIMITED arrived completed shattered in the box.  They never sent me a confirmation email for the order so I have no way of contacting them.  I had to communicate with them by opening a Paypal case, my order arrived the day the case expired and now I have no way of getting a refund.  Shame on Paypal for letting these scammers even have a Paypal account.Package Contents.jpg

Login to Me Too

wormwood29
Contributor
Contributor
thats why you dont order from ads on instagram or facebook and you never order from china. yes and paypal doesnt even look at these community posts. your credit card company will say its past 30 days too. the last i looked, one of their websites they conpletely got rid of.
Login to Me Too

LQBeader25
Contributor
Contributor

Scammed also. Ordered May 28, 2021, Received June 26, 2021
Website stated the company was located in Riverview, Florida near Tampa (I have pictures). All transactions and communications were in China.
Product size represented larger in pictures than what was received. Said picture was (30*20*2.5). If truly a company in Florida, that would me inches. And that's what the pictures showed.
Frame arrived in bubble bag and broken. Company claimed it’s not their fault.
Company told me to glue it and offered me $5 apology.
Will now be elevating to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.