Etsy.com payments and Paypal - payments show on buyer end, but not mine

jeesie2003
New Community Member

I'm trying to find out if this is a Paypal or Etsy bug that needs to be fixed.  I've made two sales on etsy.com and neither shows I've been paid. They show payment on the buyers end.  What is going on??

I've used paypal on Esty 14 times before these last two sales, ad I've had Paypal with my Ebay account for several years. During which time I have not had any problems.

Help!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

jeesie2003,

I would be concerned about the missing payments too!  Have you recently changed your email address on your PayPal account?  That could be causing the problem. 

This should be easy enough to fix, though.  First, start by checking your settings on Etsy to see which email address they have down for your PayPal payments. 

1)  If this email address is on your PayPal account, make sure it is confirmed. 

2)  If the email address isn't on your account, add and confirm it, and the payment should post.

3)  If you can't add and confirm this email address (it's either an old one you can't access, or it's misspelled), send the buyer a direct invoice via our Request Money feature.  You'll want to ask the buyer their email address in advance, as you'll need that when sending the invoice.  Just log in and click on "Request Money" at the top of the page.

To add an email address, log in to PayPal and go to the Profile link > Add or Edit an Email Address.  Click on "Add" and follow the instructions from there.  You can also resend a confirmation email from the same page if you need to confirm another email address.

Etsy has some great tips on resolving this issue as well - check out http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/227/kw/im%20not%20receiving%20my%20paypal%20payments

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.