Pay in three no longer available

Daveydj
Contributor
Contributor

I've had pay in three for well over a year, made numerous transactions, many of them large amounts. I've never made a late payment or missed one, in the fact I've paid all of them early usually within two months. Now it's removed as an option and PayPal customer service said they were unable to tell me exactly why and would not be able to change it back. What's up with that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Daveydj 

Thank you for writing in the PayPal Community and welcome!

Sorry to know that you're not able to make payments using Pay in 3 payment plan. Pay in 3 is not available for certain merchants and services/items. Pay in 3 availability may vary by merchant and individual shopping experiences. If the transaction is eligible, you will be able to see the Pay in 3 option at the checkout or you can try to complete the payment using other payment methods. 

Regards,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Glassygirly
Contributor
Contributor
That is not an helpful answer PayPal. I too have used pay in 3 many times at the same merchants, paying it off early majority of the time and have NEVER been late. No reason to be denied now and I have an enviable credit score! Just tried to purchase an item worth £50 from John Lewis but denied! Is JohnLewis.com not a trusted merchant? Also tried to purchase from a merchant I often do a pay in three for and was denied last week! Something going on here - your bot is broken. So disappointed with PayPal. It’s a lifeline to being able to get that needed item or not. Please at least let us know clearly why we’ve been denied on each occasion. It’s NOT fair!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.