Dispute resolved in my favor, but never got a refund

aeder
Contributor
Contributor

I was supposed to receive a refund for something i didn't receive (got scammed) so I filed a dispute in the resolution center and it was filed in my favor! Hooray! However, it's been like 2 months now and I haven't received the refund yet. I've tried using the messaging center to ask about it but they just send back useless answers that don't pertain to my question. Calling them doesn't work because I never actually speak to a person. How to I proceed with this?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aeder 

If you DIDN'T fund your initial payment from your Paypal balance but funded it from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aeder
Contributor
Contributor
I'm aware of this, but unfortunately I never received the refund through my bank either. It had been greater than 30 days
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aeder 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @aeder,

It's possible that the seller issued the refund from a bank account and the bank transfer failed. In this situation, contacting our customer service is probably best so we can make sure the refund is issued. Please, follow @kernowlass's directions to contact our customer support so they can look into this with you. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

aeder
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Michelle I have attempted @kernowlass advice, but I can't get through to a person and non of the automated questions apply to my situation. The only time I've talked with a person was through the messaging both through the contact page and through facebook, but none of the ~ 10 responses I have gotten have applied to me even if I've fully described my situation. I will try copying the issue you said and will try again when I have time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aeder 

To bypass the 'bot' try clicking 0 a few times or saying 'Agent' !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.