Complete Purchase Button failing

LeeD
Contributor
Contributor

Hello...

I am running a community, Xenforo software. When folks purchase a site supporter - It takes them to the PayPal (PayPal url) screen to Complete the purchase. For the last 48 hours, I have had 7 people and 2 tests of my own, Where the COMPLETE PURCHASE button is not working at all to complete the purchase. It seems dead. I clicked it and clicked it and clicked it as have others and nothing.

We have no server errors, no software errors in logs, and no console errors showing when in the PayPal url to complete this. Any ideas? New issue. Never had anything like it in years. Oh, it is happening on 2 communities, have not tested the others yet.

paypal.PNG

Login to Me Too
107 REPLIES 107

triawan
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same issue! earlier some orders were completed. But now, that same button is totally not working. Someone, Please help to solve this problem!

Login to Me Too

Viverdias76
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone have any idea how long do we have to wait until this problem is fixed?
It is very clever to have an internal complaint forum “ community” inside the company website so no problems are reviewed to the world but I hope they also use this to actually fix more things than the automated emails do! Does Paypal really care how I am paying my rent next month?time to show up and take action and sort it out otherwise you look and behave with your clients like a tiny start up.
Login to Me Too

thenickdude
Contributor
Contributor

Woah, I noticed a bigger problem. If you use no_shipping=1 in the button then it now also doesn't charge the customer your configured sales tax! Removing no_shipping brings back the sales tax.

Login to Me Too

alison22222
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem. Requiring shipping address fixed it for me too (even though it's a digital good). I submitted a ticket on this as well.

Login to Me Too

jerrycards
Contributor
Contributor

Experiencing the same issue here. Following a workaround suggested in the posts, I'm requiring shipping addresses for digital goods, which isn't ideal. It's disheartening to see that PayPal hasn't addressed such a prominent bug impacting numerous users after so many days.

Login to Me Too

MNR6
New Community Member

Same here for the last 4 days. The opening login screen that gives 'Pay by credit card' option works to complete a purchase that way. But when a customer logs in to their account to pay, the 'Complete Purchase' button is non-responsive. No messages. No popups. Everything works fine up until they try the button. Then nothing. 

Login to Me Too

stipesau
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having exact same issue! I can't believe its been over 5 days now and still not resolved. What the hell are PayPal doing!?

This is the result of working from home. Staff need to go back to office and work as a team. I contacted their support team for various issues and they honestly don't know anything! They just guess the answer and since nobody is doing quality check, their responses are very childish.

Since covid, all professionalism is gone. I can't wait for Twitter / X.com payment system. Elon believes in hard working staff working professionally together. End of Paypal is near

Login to Me Too

AntibodySW
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. I can't afford to wait any longer so I've now removed the PayPal buttons and I'm using Stripe instead. Good luck guys.

Login to Me Too

SuperBadSS
Contributor
Contributor

I talked with PayPal Tech Support.  We all need to fill out this form so they make it a priority to fix the issue ASAP.  Here is the email they sent me.

If you need technical assistance with integrating with PayPal’s Platform API’s on your website, or you'd like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:

1. Go to www.paypal-support.com​
  2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account, or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login
  4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    • Provide a subject, description including the webpage URL, error messages with timestamps, steps on how to reproduce, and the percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner. (Note: If you're processing through PayPal, it is recommended that you select the PayPal Radio button and provide the primary email address of the account experiencing issues.)
    • Environment -  Production is the PayPal live site -  if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on paypal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test - if you are in a testing environment. 
    • We recommend you upload any screenshots of the issue you're experiencing and the source code of the respective page, as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.
  5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.
Login to Me Too

triawan
Contributor
Contributor

Has the problem been resolved? anyone please inform if there is any update regarding this issue.

Absolutely no sales for the last 5 days, worst problem I've ever had.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.