email problem

Stefanphh

Got this email

Hello, 

This emaiI confirms you have paid using PayPaI.

Payment detaiIs

Receiver emaiI: dianas.brench bla bla 
Amount: $26,50 USD
Transaction date: March 28,2019 10:19 pm

i didnt even do this, what can i do? it didnt even show on the transactions center 
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Stefanphh

yeah it looked the same that what scared me, ok thanks very much

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stefanphh 

Check the email header/raw text with your email client to see if it is a real PayPal email confirmation. It's fake if you see some random or fake PayPal email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Stefanphh

@sharpiemarker 

it seems like is the original mail, but is this the fee for creating or account or what? i mean i created the acc few minutes ago, put my card in and i received this email 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stefanphh wrote:

@sharpiemarker 

it seems like is the original mail, but is this the fee for creating or account or what? i mean i created the acc few minutes ago, put my card in and i received this email 

PayPal does not charge a fee to create/open a PayPal account. If you link a bank and or a credit card to your PayPal account, PayPal does test deposits and charges to confirm your card or bank account and then refunds you.

What is the email address of sender of that email? Because if you say, you do not see this transaction in your PayPal account activity and do not recognize the amount or the person sending it, then its a fake or spoof email. You can forward it to spoof@paypal.com

Did you receive an official email from PayPal to confirm your PayPal email address when you signed up? Compare the sender email address of that email to this transaction's sender email address. If they do not match, the "transaction email" is fake.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Stefanphh

yeah it looked the same that what scared me, ok thanks very much

Login to Me Too

LukaChan123
New Community Member

I got the same exact email but when i clicked the link it looked almost exactly like paypal and I already filled out the information it asked now im super stressed out. I reported it to paypal but what about my information?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.