PayPal fees when selling on ebay

IndiogBuzz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

Can anyone help with Paypal fees when selling on ebay (this is specifically about PP fees, not ebay monthly fees).

My understanding is/was that PayPal fees (for ebay sales) should be 3.4% + 20p

I have recently sold 2 items on ebay, which attracted the following PayPal fees:

1: £17.99 (£15.00+£2.99 p/p) PayPal fee deducted £1.18

2: £26.00 (22.01+£3.99 p/p) PayPal fee deducted £1.05

I live in the UK, and both items were sold and posted to UK addresses.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @IndiogBuzz,

Thank you for your post! If you have PayPal Payments Standard, the fee for receiving domestic payments in UK Pounds Sterling would be 2.9% + .30. The fee would apply to the entire amount received. There would be additional fees if the payments were international or if the payment was received in a different currency and you opted to convert it to receive it. 

It appears that the second transaction matches up with the rate described above. The first one doesn't match the same fee scheme, so my guess if is that there was a conversion. Did you set the price in Euro on one of your listings, by any chance? 

If you would like to have a representative look into the details and tell you for sure what happened, please contact customer service. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.