Why PayPal 'compelling' me to agree to automatic payments for 'Wish.com'?

ru70
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to make a payment on WIsh.com through PayPal, the payment confirmation page is asking me to agree to automatic payment and 'compels' me to 'understand' that the payment process would be faster that way. I remember in recent past I accidentally hit a button on wish and payment went through immediately without giving me a chance to review the transaction. Then I had to go through the hassles of seeking refund. I donot find it amusing and friendly at all when I do not get any option to choose between one-time payment and automatic payment. There is a button for one-time code but it is not properly explained how the code will help in making one time payment. Simply put, I do not want 'faster' checkout and want to make individual payment by signing on to PayPal every time I make a payment. Period. By the way, I found this question has been asked y many since 2019 and someone explained the above weird logic that it was there for faster payment. Strange that PayPal is still sitting on this situation. Thankfully, Aliexpress, EBay, Best Buy and scores of other retailers do not have this issue. Not sure what makes Wish. com so very different for PayPal! Very frustrating!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ru70 

Grubhub does this too. I had a balance to fund the purchase but checkout required me to select or add a card to complete transaction. It set up a billing agreement on my PayPal profile and I went to cancel it after the purchase is complete. It still used my balance but temporarily charged my card too. After a few days the card charge was removed. Go figure.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.