Previously confirmed addresses now showing as unconfirmed

PayPal_Wayne

Hello all,

There have been quite a few topics on this issue recently so hopefully I can clear up any questions you may have on it.

Over the last week or two we have noticed an issue on customers accounts in which their previously confirmed address is now showing as unconfirmed. This is an issue we are aware of and have our engineers working to fix as soon as possible. As you can imagine, the PayPal system is very complex so we do not have a timeframe for this.

In the mean time I am sure some of you are worried about Seller Protection and how this issue impacts your coverage. In the past there was a need for a Seller to ship to a confirmed address in the Transaction Details to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. This is now no longer needed. Shipping to a confirmed address is no longer a requirement under our Seller Protection Policy, you can post to buyer addresses in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and be covered.

For more information on our Seller Protection Policy you can click here

Wayne

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

Thejaxx
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is the same way. I msg'd support with the typical canned response.

To request a confirmation code by mail:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Help at the top of the page.
  3. Enter Confirm an address in the Search box.
  4. Click How do I confirm an address?
  5. Click Alternate Address Confirmation.
  6. Select the address you want to confirm or add a new address, then follow the instructions.

Well, guess what? It brings me RIGHT BACK TO THE PAGE that has those instructions if you follow the steps. No link. Just a frustrating loop.

Login to Me Too

mrmix
Contributor
Contributor

auntbenben
Contributor
Contributor

Woman Indifferent Uhm..not good.I came here to find a solution. Instead I read the frustration of all my fella Paypals Pals, so after reading all of them the only thing that I came up with that Might help is to send a message to the merchant letting them know that your address (other's experiencing the same) is verified! You can also  provide a number for customer service depart.that may in fact be able to verify (no pun intended) that the address is verified. Maybe if enough inquiries are made PayPal will refresh their page!

Login to Me Too

Shercando
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  It has been going on for months.  So far one merchant hesitated to ship but customer service told them my address was OK in spite of being marked "UNCONFIRMED."  The absolutely identical address right down to punctuation is marked "CONFIRMED" in my profile. The major problem with this is that my PayPal protection is at risk.. My last contact with PayPal customer service said they were working on it as I am not alone.  Small comfort that is.

PayPal can reduce their potential liablity and perhaps the reserve required to insure payment of claims so they may not be in any big hurry to fix it.

Today I made a small puchase on eBay and eBay pops up at check out with a notice that my address should be a variation of what is on file because of a post office recommendation for a variation.  eBay is trying to make me alter my confirmed address and all this bothers me a lot.  I do not think this is a coincidence but a scheme.  Stay tuned folks!

Login to Me Too

Ace11
New Community Member

12/27/2010....now before I buy i ask the seller on Ebay if they ship to an Unconfirmed address.  Most say NO.  Hope PayPal has a fix for this issue ASAP. Good Luck

Login to Me Too

dclynch
New Community Member

OK your system is complicated but it has been almost a year with the same issue. Maybe you need to get some Qualified IT personnel. A problem this large should not take a year to resolve.

Login to Me Too

drw3957
New Community Member

%(*%#@& FIX THIS NOW!!!!

Login to Me Too

britannic
Contributor
Contributor

As myself, I c everyone is having the same issue. Unconfirmed addresses all of a sudden. fFor many years I get 90% of my purchases unconfirmed when I buy something. Irritating since Ive filled out all the necessary online forms imaginable. Im sure both PayPal & Ebay r aware of the flaw in their software. The question is, will they ever fix their problem. Since Ive had this problem for many years, Im doubtful it will ever get fixed. If anything is irritating, its having to sit @ home waiting to sign for the UPS man. Like I cant take off work in a depression.

Login to Me Too

vnt87
New Community Member

I am a verified Paypal user with a Home Confirmed address, yet everytime I pay for an item on eBay I notice that my address is marked with an orange "Unconfirmed" text on the receipt. I have quadruple-checked my address and am positive that it identically matches my Confirmed address that I have on file with Paypal. This is an annoyance since a few eBay seller would only ship to confirmed Paypal addresses. While I haven't ran into any of those seller yet, I would still like to address this issue while I have the time.

Anybody knows what I should do to get it to shown up as confirmed on the receipts?

Login to Me Too

Baldomar305
New Community Member

Hey have you still been able to received what you have bought in eBay ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.