Previously confirmed addresses now showing as unconfirmed

PayPal_Wayne

Hello all,

There have been quite a few topics on this issue recently so hopefully I can clear up any questions you may have on it.

Over the last week or two we have noticed an issue on customers accounts in which their previously confirmed address is now showing as unconfirmed. This is an issue we are aware of and have our engineers working to fix as soon as possible. As you can imagine, the PayPal system is very complex so we do not have a timeframe for this.

In the mean time I am sure some of you are worried about Seller Protection and how this issue impacts your coverage. In the past there was a need for a Seller to ship to a confirmed address in the Transaction Details to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy. This is now no longer needed. Shipping to a confirmed address is no longer a requirement under our Seller Protection Policy, you can post to buyer addresses in any of the 190 countries where PayPal is accepted and be covered.

For more information on our Seller Protection Policy you can click here

Wayne

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

PayPal_Wayne

Hi there,

We are trying to sort this problem and hopefully we will get it sorted very soon, here is some information on it and how it impacts you in the interim.

Wayne

Login to Me Too

Kathilee
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

The same thing happened to me, all because I ordered something online and after my address I added the words:  grey house, as my mail is a problem,  They took that as an alternate address and said it was unconfirmed.  Only use the address that is confirmed under your account, and delete the rest!  Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

wlong995
New Community Member

I had the same problem.  What I found is that the address in the transaction details is my primary shipping address on my ebay account.  That address didn't match my confirmed paypal address exactly. My ebay primary shipping address showed my zip code+4 while my paypal confirmed address showed only my 5 digit zip code.  I had to remove the extra digits in the zip code from my ebay primary shipping address. 

Login to Me Too

Kathilee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much!

I'm going to go over every inch of both accounts!

This is a very annoying problem!

Login to Me Too

FURBALLED
Contributor
Contributor

I suddenly have the same problem and no access to paypal; it is insane, been confirmed for years, and now being run in circles. what is really up, gang? for I see MANY of you have same problem, and paypal is silent. Could not even pay ebay fee of 1.25, though i got a receipt from paypal saying it was paid , ebay is saying it is not. INSANE>..being run in circles//////why?

Login to Me Too

FURBALLED
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member on paypal for over 3 1/2 years now, and suddenly I am new member????????????? HELP

Login to Me Too

fujiphilly

Had already confirmed address. But now home address is not confirmed. 

What is going on?

Login to Me Too

Critchmom
New Community Member

I am having problem with address confirmation on Ebay MC.  I've used it for a long time & do not understand.  Can get no where with Paypal.  Ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

dwhall
New Community Member

mgkenny
New Community Member

Ok, so it is 12-11-2010 and my previously confirmed address STILL shows unconfirmed...what gives?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.