Withdrawal Pending

banjo72
New Community Member

I normally transfer funds sing my First Direct account but my sister asked if she could use PayPal to transfer some money that she owed me. I looked into this and was told by a ‘helpful’ advisor that as long as my bank account was verified I could transfer the money and it would take up to 2 hours.

I received the money, went to withdraw it and it said it would take two hours but since then my withdrawal has been pending. I spoke to someone else who told me that this was due to it being an unusually high amount of money. The amount is actually £57.77 and I very nearly accused the agent of being unusually high themselves. 

I can can understand why PayPal sometimes have to be careful as they’re not a proper bank but I refuse to believe that there is nobody there that can have a look at this and see it’s not some dodgy scam but a mere transfer of funds between siblings

The 72 hours is up on a Saturday afternoon and I have a nasty feeling that it won’t clear into my bank account until the following working day. This has been a bit of a ball ache for me and but I’m more annoyed at PayPal’s attitude more than anything. It’s lucky that this wasn’t my last £57.77 and I was relying on that money for bills etc. but I bet there are plenty of others out there who do

It goes without saying that I will never use their services again and I’ll stick to real banks from now on

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

PayPal_Martin

HI @Dawndeecis,

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to see this issue has caused you so much anguish. It sounds like your transaction was funded by an e-check as explained here. This would explain why it is pending on both sides and it can take b up to 6 business days to clear. 

Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this community forum for data protection reasons.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

PhilHR
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Martina wrote:

Hi there Steve999w,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

Usually, the maximum amount of time that the transfer might take is 72 hours. Once it shows as completed on your PayPal activity, you should be able to see the money in your bank account within a couple of hours.

If a withdrawal remains pending for 72 hours, it may be as we will occasionally hold a withdrawal for further review. This review can happen for various reasons but, in general, is because our internal security system reviews every transaction before it's released in order to provide a safe online payment service. 

You can find more information about it here

Hope this helps!

Martina 

Martina,

Can you please address some of the many more messages on this thread related to pending payments?

Your answer to the above amounts to a non-answer, frankly.

We want to know why our money is being held by PayPal, especially beyond the stated 72 hours!

I am outraged at PayPal's pitiful handling of these queries and had been blissfully unaware of just how poor your service was until I experienced the same 72 hour+ pending issue.

I am currently waiting on a relatively large sum of my money to be transferred to my bank account; I have just had the call to one of your distant customer service agents terminated by them because it was "knocking off" time and my case was clearly too problematic for them to be bothered to deal with.

Reply to me!!

Phil

Login to Me Too

Elloina
New Community Member

Hello, 

I have same issue but instead of 72 hours, I received an email mentioning 24 days! 

This is money is from same source I use all the time, a verified source of a freelance website and its money for my rent. 

I would very much like to get in touch with PayPal but nobody is answering my messages. 

Can you let me know, how it actually is, is it a couple of days or can they hold MY money without giving a reason for this long? 

Login to Me Too

OllieBaines

This 'excuse' is just disgusting. I have £1175 pending to go to my bank account to pay for a bill that has to be payed today. It has been put on a 24hr hold so I won't be able to pay my bill. The withdrawal screen said it would take a maximum of 2 hours and showed absolutely no warning of this hold. I'm fairly sure this isn't legal as this isn't standard practice for any bank in the UK.

Login to Me Too

_adp
New Community Member

I made a withdrawal to my bank account last Oct 15 and until now the money is still not reflecting on my bank account. It's been a week already!

Login to Me Too

KymNy28
Contributor
Contributor
Did you eventually receive the funds? Currently going thru the same thing but the 72 hours isn’t up yet & I need that money to clear.
Login to Me Too

Mason264
New Community Member
This is a load of rubbish , they stopped eBay payment from clearing for 2 weeks then when finally released I tried to transfer into bank and have been put on a 72 hour security check . I believe it would not take 2 minutes to see I sold something on eBay and got paid and would like my money . Absolute joke will not use PayPal again and as such eBay either . Double loss
Login to Me Too

AnnanFashions
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal waited for me to transaction more funds in my account almost 5,000 euros and now it been held down annd i was told to wait maximum of 180 days like are you kidding me ? I was told every month, they'll release part of my money, i've waited 3 months now and not even a penny or an email has been sent to me regarding my money.! Paypal has to end all this heartbreaking and unnecessary hold of people's hard earned money. This is unacceptable and unfair...!!! I finally can't wait no more because you guys are using our money to make more profit on y'all businesses. Enough is enough i need my money. My business has collapsed to zero all because of this. Kindly investigate on my money and release it for me.
Login to Me Too

AJLS90
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I've currently sold my phone for £271, the buyer has recieved the money and has confirmed it on PayPal but now as I've gone to withdrawal it to my bank debit card it's now marked as pending for 72hours which is hell of a long time to wait, i urgently need the money to speed up to buy a phone and pay my Bill's with the money, I under covid but paypal dont even have a customer service line to discuss this with at the moment which is bad for customers that need help, when will my money get completed? 

Login to Me Too

Abgailslender
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I'm really frustrated l transfer my money from PayPal to FNB south Africa yesterday by 3 PM until now l haven't received my money what is going on
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.