Withdrawal Pending

banjo72
New Community Member

I normally transfer funds sing my First Direct account but my sister asked if she could use PayPal to transfer some money that she owed me. I looked into this and was told by a ‘helpful’ advisor that as long as my bank account was verified I could transfer the money and it would take up to 2 hours.

I received the money, went to withdraw it and it said it would take two hours but since then my withdrawal has been pending. I spoke to someone else who told me that this was due to it being an unusually high amount of money. The amount is actually £57.77 and I very nearly accused the agent of being unusually high themselves. 

I can can understand why PayPal sometimes have to be careful as they’re not a proper bank but I refuse to believe that there is nobody there that can have a look at this and see it’s not some dodgy scam but a mere transfer of funds between siblings

The 72 hours is up on a Saturday afternoon and I have a nasty feeling that it won’t clear into my bank account until the following working day. This has been a bit of a ball ache for me and but I’m more annoyed at PayPal’s attitude more than anything. It’s lucky that this wasn’t my last £57.77 and I was relying on that money for bills etc. but I bet there are plenty of others out there who do

It goes without saying that I will never use their services again and I’ll stick to real banks from now on

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

dinamedian
New Community Member

usually it will take just a couples minutes or 1 hour to changed withdrawal status to be completed. and now is more than 10 hours the status is still pending.. so do i need wait until 72 hours?

Login to Me Too

Zico1973
Contributor
Contributor
If you log in abs look on the withdrawal it should give a time abs date for when it is due in your account. Seems they are doing this more and more to people abs their staff are the worst I’ve ever experienced. I asked questions and all they do is ignore the question and say will get money in 72 hours yet I checked with my bank and at the moment they have not been in touch with my bank for security checks. They earn interest as well as taking a service fee. Their service fee is so they can do nothing at all.
Login to Me Too

fxpea2100

Before 75 Hours ago i  bank withdrawal EUR 153+ only. But still now is pending. When will release anybody can say this amount?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.