Withdrawal Pending

banjo72
New Community Member

I normally transfer funds sing my First Direct account but my sister asked if she could use PayPal to transfer some money that she owed me. I looked into this and was told by a ‘helpful’ advisor that as long as my bank account was verified I could transfer the money and it would take up to 2 hours.

I received the money, went to withdraw it and it said it would take two hours but since then my withdrawal has been pending. I spoke to someone else who told me that this was due to it being an unusually high amount of money. The amount is actually £57.77 and I very nearly accused the agent of being unusually high themselves. 

I can can understand why PayPal sometimes have to be careful as they’re not a proper bank but I refuse to believe that there is nobody there that can have a look at this and see it’s not some dodgy scam but a mere transfer of funds between siblings

The 72 hours is up on a Saturday afternoon and I have a nasty feeling that it won’t clear into my bank account until the following working day. This has been a bit of a ball ache for me and but I’m more annoyed at PayPal’s attitude more than anything. It’s lucky that this wasn’t my last £57.77 and I was relying on that money for bills etc. but I bet there are plenty of others out there who do

It goes without saying that I will never use their services again and I’ll stick to real banks from now on

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Mustketeer
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing this problem as we speak. 

It's been more than three days, and I'm told it take upto 5 days at this point. 

So much for "One business day", I should have just paid the $10 fee for insta transfer, because as of now my bank has reached negative balance for this reason. 

Unreliable. 

Login to Me Too

Milla-vick

This is as clear as day. I just received £50 cash which I immediately withdrew, its an established account with a fantastic history - done immediately many times before.

hold the phone 📞

lightbulb 💡

what if? PayPal kept a £100million in pending for 72hours - that’s a whopping £20,000 in interest. Security 🤥

@banjo72 wrote:

I normally transfer funds sing my First Direct account but my sister asked if she could use PayPal to transfer some money that she owed me. I looked into this and was told by a ‘helpful’ advisor that as long as my bank account was verified I could transfer the money and it would take up to 2 hours.

I received the money, went to withdraw it and it said it would take two hours but since then my withdrawal has been pending. I spoke to someone else who told me that this was due to it being an unusually high amount of money. The amount is actually £57.77 and I very nearly accused the agent of being unusually high themselves. 

I can can understand why PayPal sometimes have to be careful as they’re not a proper bank but I refuse to believe that there is nobody there that can have a look at this and see it’s not some dodgy scam but a mere transfer of funds between siblings

The 72 hours is up on a Saturday afternoon and I have a nasty feeling that it won’t clear into my bank account until the following working day. This has been a bit of a ball ache for me and but I’m more annoyed at PayPal’s attitude more than anything. It’s lucky that this wasn’t my last £57.77 and I was relying on that money for bills etc. but I bet there are plenty of others out there who do

It goes without saying that I will never use their services again and I’ll stick to real banks from now on

@banjo72 wrote:

Login to Me Too

AHannaway
New Community Member
I've had it with 3 or the last 5 withdrawals I have made. I can't believe that it takes a company such as PayPal 72 hrs to carry our security checks which realistically could be 96 hours if across a weekend. My theory is that if they retain funds in their account that they are making interest on it while it's still sitting there!!
Login to Me Too

David260
New Community Member
I withdrew money i had just recovered from a friend as i needed it for an expense on the 21st of march it is the 23rd and it still says transaction pending the service is appaling how can i speed up this process. I am one very unhappy paypal user after this is sorted i think ill just start using real banks for my transactions
Login to Me Too

BlackFox96

Same here, I'm waiting almost for 4 days and withdraw is still "pending". Really? I'm really unsatisfied, it's a last time when I'm using PayPal, they don't understand that regular human needs that money for living. Next time I will use only my bank account.

Login to Me Too

Swaraj1
Contributor
Contributor
I am also facing same problem.I have withdrawal my money 4 daus ago but it still shows pending.
Login to Me Too

MJBru
I had the same problem, I received payment for two items I sold on Ebay, it was bad enough that Ebay in their infinite wisdom decided to hold my money until the items had been delivered, resulting me in having to borrow the money and pay extra on the postage so I could get my items delivered quicker. Anyway, when I did eventually get my money into my PayPal balance I decided to withdraw it to my bank through the PayPal app. When I was going through the withdrawal process it said in black and white "may take up to 2 hours". I thought fair enough that's not two bad. So 2 hours and 15 minutes later its still showing as pending, so I rang them and was told it could take up to 24 hours because its been flagged for a security review. The amount was for £97.40, not a lot of money to some, but to me it is. What an absolute joke of a company, they should have been straight with me during the withdrawal process and said "can take up to 24 hours" instead of having me think getting my money into my bank was a simple process.
Login to Me Too

Eldin83
Contributor
Contributor

I think real banks is the best solution. Although i have my first pending, PayPal always dissapoints me. 

Login to Me Too

Harj2795
PayPal should at least tell you before you make a withdrawal, of how long it will take and the reasons why. I’m expecting the money instantly as it states . It’s not instant withdrawal at all . This has put me in a position. Luckily I have other funds to pay bills . But this is ridiculously
Login to Me Too

Blake_hull
Contributor
Contributor
Two years later and still the same problem. I'm a newish user and my experience so far has been quite frankly frustrating. If I sell a product on ebay, I don't expect some third party/middle man to cut in and control when I get payed for my property. The terms and conditions are vague at best. The security measures put in place are clearly Automated, and to put my money on hold when I decide to transfer it from PayPal to my bank is not efficient, user friendly or anything of what this company talk of them self's. I would not recommend anyone friends or family, to even bother with PayPal based on my experiences so far. I await cookie cutter responses from forum mods, just as I've had from your support on this site. Pathetic.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.