Declined Transfer

Jabby
New Community Member
My transfer to my bank account is being declined. What do I do?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Jabby

I'm sorry to hear your bank transfer is being denied. Generally, an email is sent with details when a transfer fails. Have you received an email update from us? 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

spuddy9595
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I’m getting the same issue repeated errors saying the transfer can’t be completed but I haven’t got an email? Went on chat and was told to speak to my bank or wait 48-72 hours which is ridiculous . It’s a new PayPal account but have paid in to the same bank account previously on my wife’s PayPal account
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi spuddy9595, 

When you are withdrawing to a bank account using your PayPal account we always recommend adding an account that is registered in your name as some banks can return a withdrawal or decline it if it is in a different name. I would also recommend that when you are initiating your withdrawal that you log in from your normal location and ensure that you are using a secure network. I do understand that this can be frustrating and please understand that a withdrawal being declined is generally our security system which is designed to protect you and your account. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

spuddy9595
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Paula Thanks , the account is in both our names but I have also tried my other linked bank account which is only in my name but that doesn’t work either. When I logged in to PayPal at work today I did get a message about detected unusual activity on my account which I am not sure what that means. I assume that if I want 2-3 days that it will resolve itself? It’s a substantial amount of money I have from selling 2 phones and am using the money to buy Xmas presents so want access to it ASAP. Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @spuddy9595 i

If you are logging in from different places then you may get a message that "unusual activity is detected". Try to reduce your logins to just your normal device for the next 24-48 hours and then try your withdrawal again. It should work for you. I understand that it can be frustrating to wait but this would most likely be the best option for you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

spuddy9595
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Paula, I actually got an email to verify my details further as my balance has reached a certain amount. I have done that and the transfer worked but I did get another email to say the transfer is being reviewed and may take up to 24 hours - presumably because of the amount . Cheers
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

@spuddy9595 thanks so much for the update and glad to hear that your funds are on there way to you. You are most likely correct in that we are holding them for further review due to the higher amount. If it is showing as pending on your account you should see it change to completed over the next 24 hours. Once it does it means your funds have been sent to your bank to add them to your account for you. 

Thanks again for the update, Paula 

Login to Me Too

Eatta
New Community Member

No email stating Declined. Just on browser.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.