Dispute

Laurn1567
New Community Member
I have posted an item for a customer, I accidentally put one letter in the post code wrong. I have proof of postage but didn’t get it signed for. I have no idea of the where abouts of this parcel it is no longer in my hands. The customer has raised a dispute with PayPal asking for a full refund but I am out of pocket and cannnot afford to send her money back as I no longer have the items in my possession. Where do I stand ? I have contracted Royal Mail to ask them about the where abouts of the parcel but no reply as yet
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laurn1567 

So you were the one that made the address mistake but don't want to be left out of pocket?

What about the buyer? Do you not think that they are entitled to the item that they paid for OR a full refund?

If you chose to send without tracking or insurance then that was at your risk and not the buyers.

They will probably win the dispute and paypal will reimburse them if you do not and then put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.