PayPal Needs to do something! Why are sellers responsible for unauthorized access cases?

electricplug
New Community Member

Ive lost so much money due to unauthorized access cases, its unreal. Why are sellers responsible for this? If paypal security is bad enough to not be able to stop the users paypal account being stolen and making payments, thats on them. Sellers should not be responsible and lose money after delivering the product, paypal should be the one to take the loss since you guys cant implement better security to protect us. Its not fair, if it were something we could work out with the buyer, like a item not described claim, its different. This is absolutely out of our control. We get the buyers information, and deliver the product as listed thats it. We are not aware or should not be responsible that if the users paypal is stolen.

How does it make sense that if your system cant block hacked paypal accounts from making payments, that when it does go through(somehow), sellers lose the funds because of it regardless of the product being delivered? ITS PAYPALS FAULT AND YOUR PROBLEM TO SOLVE!! NOT THE SELLERS 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

there is seller protection for UA,

are these digital items which do not have tracking?

what does the Paypal payment notice say anout item eligibility and shipping address?

Paypal also have way to tell if it is UA,sometimes the buyer lied.

if you are losing money eating too many UA,avoid selling certain high risk products.

In my many years of selling,I have just one case of UA when someone used  a credit card via Billpoint,remember Billpoint?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.