Text message not coming through for login

VCarmichaelX90
Contributor
Contributor

So as of last few days i cannot login to my PayPal account and as many of you im no closer to solution. Text messages are not coming to my phone and today i contacted my phone carrier to check if premium sms feature is blocked by them - it is not, they confirmed me that much. I checked my phone settings i didnt block the PayPal messages and Premium should alwasy be on in settings i confirmed that. However now im not even getting a code - all i am getting is "Sorry we couldnt confirm it was you". Can anyone help me pls ? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VCarmichaelX90 

Are you using a VPN at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VCarmichaelX90
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, no VPN at all. Honestly its very defeating that after three days of agony i have to go calling foreign country just to get in touch with someone (and waiting cuz it is not work week) to resolve my issue. Assuming it can be resolved at all.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @VCarmichaelX90,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I am sorry to know about the trouble you have had while logging into your PayPal account as you are not receiving the code. I know how important it is to have your account running smoothly. In this situation, I would suggest you try these troubleshooting steps listed below which may help you to receive texts:

• Reboot the phone to refresh the network signal.

• Clear phone inbox to ensure it is not full (for old phones with limited SMS capacity).

• Check if there are any phone applications/settings that are filtering SMS added recently.

• Alternatively, you may swap the SIM to another phone to verify if the delivery issue is phone related.

• Check if you are in roaming.

Also, I recommend you check with the network provider as some may block the notifications coming in. If the issue persists, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website which may help you to get in touch with our advisors and gain access to your account.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mykstra
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal's SMS sending service doesn't work well for about 2 months already, probably a bit more. I already switched to another payment service and will continue using PayPal just occasionally, most likely. First PayPal switched their SMS sender service (at least for Lithuania, which is my location) which became very unreliable with time. After a while a classic situation became to look like this:

1. You receive SMS successfully on first log-in to PayPal site.

2. You don't receive SMS when you try to:

- withdraw any amount to your bank account

- add / change phone number

You just don't receive SMS after first one has been sent.

I am not the fan of conspiracy theories, but it's not the first time when it looks like PayPal is avoiding paying funds out of it's account, but accepts new payments with pleasure. Keeping in mind how relatively expensive PayPal service is, that's more than disgusting.

p.s. - trying to solve the problem over the phone, several times the result was "all our agents are currently busy", and the call drops.

Shame and sadness, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

mykstra
Contributor
Contributor

Info update:

Last week, being logged in to PayPal after receiving first SMS confirmation message, was playing on the account and trying to override SMS confirmations sending somehow. Nothing worked, but as bonus - was logged out and got "We couldn't confirm it's you".

After confirming my identity at PayPal over the telephone, they couldn't make anything to log me in, and 72 hours waiting period had to be passed.

On Saturday 72 hours log-in waiting time has passed, and here we go with the same circus:

1. Log-in together with 1st SMS confirmation: success.

2. Attempt to withdraw any money: 2nd SMS confirmation "sent", which never comes. Not successful.

3. Attempt to change phone number (SMS confirmation "sent"), nothing possible, SMS never comes. Not successful.

4. Basically, I can only ENTER PAYPAL ACCOUNT (there are no ANY account limitations), but I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ELSE.

Remembering good old days, when PayPal was really a good working service...

Login to Me Too

lykelukas
Contributor
Contributor

I have this same thing, and what Myksta mentioned is true, but I can't even receive a text when I try to log in, and I'm from Lithuania too.
I called my phone company, they said everything is fine. Spoke with couple of agents, they told me the same thing, I tried 2 different phone numbers from 2 diffrent providers "LABAS" and "EZYS" . Can't receive a text from both.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.