Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number changed - can't log in

Options
Go to solution
Sammaroi
New Community Member
I tried to login to my paypal account. It said verify through phone. It's from my old number which I don't have access to. It let me log in to make this post though 🤔

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Sammaroi 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

Options
Go to solution
Swf2021
New Community Member
Reset email. Worries as there are 2 emails there only 1 I know. And I can't log in as have changed the number on phones . Can I call a human? Any help pleases

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@Swf2021 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
fil6
Contributor

Hello,

I  have a problem accessing my account. I have a new cell phone number and After I log in with my email and password, it asks for verification on the old phone number. As a result, I can not able to update my new phone number and can't log in. I tried to call several times on the customer contact phone and it is not reachable and it replays with unavailable.

can you please help me solve this problem...

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@fil6 

Or

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
SJM56
Contributor

I can’t sign in.  My phone is broken and paypal won’t let me sign in without a code.  How can I sign in using my ipad?

Options
Go to solution
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@SJM56 

Or

Advice is voluntary.

Options
Go to solution
SJM56
Contributor

None of this worked.  I am not on facebook, don’t use twitter.  I rang the number provided but it doesn’t operate if the phone you are using is not registered with paypal.  I went round and round in circles for hours unable to find a way to email or message, none worked.  I only found a solution when I got my phone working, then the contact number accepted my call.  If you can’t sign in because paypal says it doesn’t recognise you and your phone is broken there is no way at all of contacting paypal.

Options
Go to solution
Faenira
New Community Member

I want to log in my paypal account. I was prompted OTP for verification, but unfortunately the phone number registered is lost. I can't access my paypal now. I'm stuck in the verification part. I can't change my phone number.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.