Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,977 REPLIES 4,977

Gabriellsss
New Community Member

Hello dear all,

I have a smal problem and i need some help. Recently i've changed my phone number but didn't realize that i didn't change phone number.

Now i cannot login.

Do you know any solution for this ? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gabriellsss 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Penguin91
New Community Member

My previous paypall account is attached to an older telephone number, witch i cant get access to anymore due to moving countries.

I have been unsuccesfull to now add my bank to my new paypal account since it is already connected to the old one.

To log in to the old one, i need to confirm by text message on the old number, this keeps going in a loop and no one seems able to assist.

Does anyone has tips on how to resolve this? its very annoying to not be able to use paypal anymore.

Login to Me Too

Iamjeg
Transfere reward gifts sa Paypal
Login to Me Too

joburg
Contributor
Contributor
How can I log in if I no longer using the old cellphone number..for security check up if I login????
Login to Me Too

Janinek1
Contributor
Contributor
I can't log into my PayPal now as iv lost my phone number linked to the account. Is there any other way to verify so I can then update my number
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Janinek1 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dessie08
New Community Member
Hi I cannot access my account I have changed number and it won’t let me acces account without the number can anyone please help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dessie08 

Or

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

joburg
Contributor
Contributor
Quick security check via cellphone number I used,if I login it became a problem.to update new cellphone number I must login.i don't no what to know because I can't login
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.