Phone number changed - can't log in

SaintDH
Contributor
Contributor

My mobile number changed a few years ago but I never updated my profile. 

Now I can't log in as Paypal wants to send me a text on the old number to verify the account.

I've tried logging in from a different browser which doesn't work.

Also tried using the Help Chat system, but this also requires me to log in to proceed.

Tried ringing the help support number but spent ages going round and round in circles with the automated options, could not get to a point of speaking to an actual person.

Funny thing is, when I selected 'Ask the Community' to access this forum, it allowed me to log in to create this profile to do this!

Really stuck as to how to resolve. Would really appreciate if anyone can offer some help with this please?

Login to Me Too
4,959 REPLIES 4,959

Juraj3
New Community Member

I cannot login because the system wants to message or call me on phone number I don't use anymore and have no access to this sim card! No option to send verification code to my email!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Juraj3 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

marfiakirena
Contributor
Contributor
Hi how can I get back access to my PayPal account after loosing access to my old mobile number Thank you
Login to Me Too

hilly7

I have a new phone number. I can't access my PayPal account. Does anyone knows how to log in? Is there another options?

Login to Me Too

Mitsakis2
Contributor
Contributor

Please. Help this **bleep** two factor authentication don't let me log in cause is my old.number and I can't login to change

Login to Me Too

bazinga019
New Community Member

Hello, I just got notification in my email that 2-step verification was turned on for your account.

not by me.

I've tried to realize what is that app but i cant find any app that generate pin code in apps store.

right now I cant access to my account because the second step.

anyone have any idea what I cant do?

all this happened when I supposed to get money payment in this account

this message were done by other account 

Login to Me Too

RambiShop
New Community Member

Hello i'm having trouble to login via new PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication  system, the issue is that the paypal for some reason has used my very very old phone number( long time ago before i even open ebay shop and linked to paypal) to send sms/code to.

Since then neither my paypal or phone has been that one, and i have as recently as few weeks recieved code on new phone number that was in the profile, for some reason paypal has defaulted to the old number and i can't no longer log in.

I can change password via email, enter my ebay linked shop , use my ebay linked phone etc, and people can send me money and what not but i can't log in on paypal my self, is there anyway to fix this or i have to wait for support to be on and call them?

tldr (old phone number when i created my acc many years ago has been switch to default number/send login sms verification), till recently i was using other number new one and have no idea how this happened and since i do not have old number/phone i can't log in ).

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

kimmo22
Contributor
Contributor

I can't log in into my PayPal account, all I get is "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you", although I changed the password!!!! And you have logged me in here with the same account and password!

i tried to call the help number as provided on the help page but it doesnt work. Can anyone guide me as to whats wrong? Also any email address that I can send to directly for paypal support?

Please help.

Login to Me Too

Tatty2
Contributor
Contributor

I have never used my very old PayPal account but would like to now. However my account has a very old phone number and address but I can’t login to change it without a valid phone number. 
ive downloaded the app thinking that would be easier but it says tap the settings cog in the top right hand corner of the app to access. There us no settings cog! 
I then tried calling customer services and their phone is switched off! 
Help please

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tatty2 

If you go to the 'Help & Contact' icon on the PayPal website. Then if you click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. On the next page, you will see a 'Call Us' option. You do not need to be logged in to use this feature.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.