Paypal account seemingly wiped?

SquidyChicken
New Community Member

I opened my paypal app today and was asked to sign in again. When I put in my email and password, it was like I was a first time user, it was asking me to confirm my email, etc. I have a paypal mastercard with a balance on it that I need to pay and I had funds in the account as well. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mujahid7
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @SquidyChicken 

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues while logging in to your account. I'd first recommend reviewing the troubleshooting steps on your end by changing your browser or clearing your cache and cookies. It would be great if you used a laptop or a desktop to perform this action after 24–48 hours.  

If the issue persists, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck! 

- Mujahid 

Login to Me Too

barberryroot
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me too!! On December 20th, didn't even notice until Dec 24th. I checked my e-mail and someone sent an account e-mail confirmation, then changed the e-mail to some random one, and then my account went poof. I'm trying to contact a PayPal rep but it's just a bunch of robots. Ugh. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @barberryroot

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community Forum! 

From what you've described, it sounds like someone else logged into your PayPal account without your permission and removed your email, so you're unable to log into the account. I'm very sorry to hear that's happened. Reaching out to Customer Support is the best way to report the unauthorized activity in this situation. You can contact Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website. Additionally, Customer Support is available on Twitter (X), Facebook, and Instagram private messages. 

I hope this helps and that you're able to use your account again soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.