It's many articles that PayPal suport Passkeys now. But how to create the passkey?

MrBjorn
Contributor
Contributor

It's many articles that PayPal support Apples Passkeys now. But how do I create the passkey?

When I google on it, it says:

"To create a passkey, PayPal users can log in to the website and then choose the "Create a passkey" option. Passkeys on iOS and Mac devices sync with iCloud Keychain for security purposes, and logins are authenticated with Face ID or Touch ID."

But I don't get such an option when I login. Have anyone tried this successfully?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

darcome82
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find out how to do it?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @MrBjorn and @darcome82

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble creating a PayPal Passkey. At this time, the PayPal Passkey has only been launched in the United States. Starting in early 2023, we will begin releasing it for more countries. To enable the PayPal Passkey, you'll want to use an Apple device running iOS 16, iPadOS 16.1, or macOS Ventura. As long as your device meets the requirements, you'll be prompted to 'Create a passkey' after you log into a web browser on a desktop or mobile device. After that, you'll be prompted to authenticate with Apple ID or Touch ID. Your PayPal passkey will then be created after successfully authenticating. 

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

darcome82
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I don't live in the US.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Login to Me Too

JimSmith2022
New Community Member
I live in the US and just logged into PayPal on my iPhone using iOS 16.1 and didn’t get the invitation to create a passkey.
Login to Me Too

njguru
New Community Member

Unfortunately passkey is NOT yet available on Ventura or iOS 16.1 with latest versions of everything.

Login to Me Too

ae6dx
Contributor
Contributor

I live in the USA all my devices are updated and I still don’t see the option to create a passkey. Can you help?

Login to Me Too

Joe_Terry
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to login to paypal and activate the passkey feature. I was not asked anything about passkeys login nor was I able to find any information on the PayPal website to enable the passkey login. I am using both a Mac and an iPhone in my attempts.  Please advise if this is a fluke or PayPal is not quite ready from primetime. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

stovall601
New Community Member

I live in the US.  Mac is updated to Ventura and iPhone is updated to IOS16.1.  I don't get the option to create a passkey when logging in on either device.  Any advise?

Login to Me Too

4JSenior

Interesting how none of the moderators have replied to anything after all of these people cannot activate passkeys.

I can't even get the Paypal App to log in on my iPhone, it goes to the captcha screen and one you complete it the screen goes blank.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.