How to trust my device

HBGirl
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to be automatically logged in (wish you would stop asking me that). But I don't want to 2 step verification every single time from my home computer. I click 'trust this device' but that gets me nowhere. My PC is Windows 10. Anyone know how to get paypal to trust my device?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Matty3126
Contributor
Contributor

I still have this problem - still occurring 14th August 2021. Very irritating!

Login to Me Too

Steverino_CHGO
Contributor
Contributor
I just logged in and PayPal now recognizes my device. Go figure.
Login to Me Too

hinno_Z
Contributor
Contributor

this is still an issue. Click "remember this device" every time, and it still requires me to text my phone. Even when i'm logging in... from that phone...

Login to Me Too

SteveC2021
New Community Member

I solved the problem by turning off 2FA in the Paypal settings.

Login to Me Too

docbones69
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to see it is not just me that this fails on.   The weird thing is on my phone the app doesnt do that.  Just my computer.

Login to Me Too

Steez1
Contributor
Contributor

The Trust This Device is now completely gone, not the solution we were hoping for

Login to Me Too

iTakMD
New Community Member

Very annoying to deal with.  I usually have to disable 2FA and revoke all devices.  Then re-enable 2FA and re-login to fix it.

Login to Me Too

opaque
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this problem for 2 years now. On both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

All the other financial sites I use allow me to trust my device so that I don't have to use 2-step verification every time I login. 

But Paypal, no matter how many times you check the box to trust your device, asks again and again.

So incredibly frustrating!

Login to Me Too

Mirtma
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Annoying. 

Login to Me Too

Steverino_CHGO
Contributor
Contributor
My account no longer has this issue. I don’t know what fixed it. Go figure.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.