How to trust my device

HBGirl
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to be automatically logged in (wish you would stop asking me that). But I don't want to 2 step verification every single time from my home computer. I click 'trust this device' but that gets me nowhere. My PC is Windows 10. Anyone know how to get paypal to trust my device?

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

itsme987
Contributor
Contributor

Trust this device NEVER works, PayPal website NEVER helps and this forum NEVER helps.  Like many others, I am quitting PayPal.  No wonder PayPal is in financial trouble since eBay dropped them.  PayPal doesn't get it about customers and choices.

Login to Me Too

itsme987
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal stock down 56% YTD.  No surprise!

Login to Me Too

Skurpio
New Community Member

July 2022 - Still having this issue since I moved to new PC. Alternate PC with trusted browser does NOT ask for TFA every time I login. PayPal app on my phone has the Trust This Device option AND it works.

But it is missing completely from FF and Chrome browser?

Called helpdesk and they tried to explain to me how TFA works.

Login to Me Too

Zaphod
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal are absolutely **bleep** pathetic. Can't even leave a reply here without doing a bloody capatcha. Forget Paypal, they are a nuisance with that annoying 2SA. I refuse to do it and use my card to pay for everything now. I live alone, no one can use my PC, my phone is fingerprint controlled, that idiotic 2SA should be an option...I hate Paypal for making it so hard to do such a simple thing.

Login to Me Too

Wrzlbrmpf
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, i recently changed smartphones, I only needed my fingerprint on my old smartphone, on my new smartphone the "enter 2 fa code window" pops up every time. Its pretty useless if I get the sms on the same device where I just want to login the app, but there is no way to make the new device trusted. I removed my old trusted device and deactivated 2FA to setup it again, but the new setup on the new device didnt work either, I still have to enter the sms code every single time i just want to check my balance in the app, the checkbox for "trust this device" is missing completely. Very annoying.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @Wrzlbrmpf and everyone,

Thank you for your posts!

Sorry for the trouble! You can manage the devices and browsers you use to log into your PayPal account and remove the ones you don't use anymore. Here's how to remove the devices and browsers you don't use anymore:

Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
Click Security.
Click Manage next to "Manage where you log in."
Click Remove under the devices and browsers you don't use anymore.

You can update the settings by logging to your account using desktop or laptop as this feature is not available on the PayPal app. If the error persists, please reach out to our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page for additional assistance.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Wrzlbrmpf
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @PayPal_Bindu, Thanks for your answer. But the problem is not removing trusted devices, we would like to know how to add trusted devices. I would like to add my smartphone to trusted devices because at the moment I have to wait for the 2FA SMS everytime I want to login to the app, but there is no option or anything to skip 2FA in the future. On my old device this was possible, I clicked the checkbox "Trust this device" once and then the device was trusted, but now this checkbox doesn't appear on my new device. Is there any way to trust devices or has this feature been removed?
Login to Me Too

drjfromffm
New Community Member
Exaclty, it es extremely annoying not being able to add the iPhone as a trusted device - please fix asap and bring back this feature.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.