Not receiving ios push notifications

corinthian
Contributor
Contributor

In the last month I have stopped receiving any payment notifications on both my iPhone and iPad. Everything was working fine and suddenly stopped after the app automatically updated.

I have removed the app and deleted all data on both devices. I even completely reset my iPad and reinstalled the app but still not getting any notifications. My notification setting in the app and on my device are unchanged from their settings when everything worked.

Not been able to get any help officially as the blame is automatically put on my device. So wondering if anyone here has come across this issue and maybe has a solution.

Currently on app version 8.45.0.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_JonK

Hello @corinthian

Welcome! Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been receiving the push notifications to your iOS devices recently. I was able to find a few reports of this issue in our system. I'm unfortunately unable to provide any estimated time of resolution currently, however I can confirm this issue has been escalated to the proper teams for review. 

With that in mind, I might suggest just making sure all the relevant email notifications are turned on in the meantime. You may also want to report this through www.paypal-support.com. Once you click Login at the top of that page, click "Login with PayPal". If it's your first time using our tech support system, you may need to agree to the terms and conditions. After that, you should be directed to a page where you can click "Contact Us" where you can fill out a form detailing the technical issue you're experiencing. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

corinthian
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the update @PayPal_JonK. Good to know there is actually an issue and the automatic "it is your device" responce is as usual incorrect. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but I do not hold my breath.

Login to Me Too

mwarble
New Community Member

My wife and I are having the same problem on our Android devices.  Notifications for when we receive a payments from someone have stopped working. Other types of notifications seem to be working as expected.   We both checked our settings, everything looks good. The fact that they stopped working on both our phones at the same time makes me think the problem is on PayPal's end.

Login to Me Too

corinthian
Contributor
Contributor

I am convinced the problem is at PayPal's end. Even more so I am becoming increasing convinced it is not a fault by a delibearte change to force people to move to newer technologies for thei integration despite their total failure to provide adequate documentation on the new processes.

Login to Me Too

pcbbc
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here.  Missing payment push notifications on iOS and Android.

They stopped working around the same time as for corinthian following an iPad app update.

You need to get this sorted PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.