Unable to close account after 9 months of trying

kjuliff
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t close my account and PayPal support says they have technical problems. How can I force them to close it. I have beeen asking for 9 months.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @kjuliff

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you are attempting to close your account but seeing an error message. 

There are a few reasons why you may not have the ability to close your account: 

1. Account Limitations

2. Positive/Negative PayPal Balance

3. Ongoing PayPal Disputes/Cases

4. Pending Payments

If none of the above applies to your PayPal account,  this error could indicate you either have a linked Honey or Xoom account. Because of this, you won’t be able to close your PayPal account. Teams are working on a solution to this issue.

I hope this helps, have a lovely day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

kjuliff
Contributor
Contributor

None of thee above. Apparently there is a technical problem in the PayPal system. I  have no activity, no linked accounts. They just can’t figure it out. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @kjuliff

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear none of those solved your concern. The best thing we can recommend at this point would be to reach out to our Customer Support teams for further assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

kjuliff
Contributor
Contributor

I have been calling and messaging them for months! 
can’t get anywhere..

Login to Me Too

margaret1525
Contributor
Contributor
Would like to reach out to customer service. Is that another email communications? Wish there a phone number & real person to talk to?
Login to Me Too

kjuliff
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting very frustrated because I can’t get an answer from Paypsl as to why they won’t close my account. I have been asking since April. Please keep this question open as I need to close my account,

Login to Me Too

margaret1525
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t have any issues to hinder closing my acct. what’s next? Phone number to taa as ok to a real person??
Login to Me Too

margaret1525
Contributor
Contributor
Did you find a way to close acct?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.