Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Your quite welcome....I chose the worldwide option & this is what comes up in my payment & shipping info on ad: Shipping to: N. and S. America, Europe, Asia, Australia...

Now, if you stop accepting paypal you wont be able to print your labels from there -

I use the USPS shipping assist. (you can download it from their website) now with this it prints the labels but without the postage ( I started using this for my first class international).   I just pick up my stamp from Post Office machine at front (no lines)    while I wait for C/C to be processed (paymate takes 1-2days) then call carrier pickup.....Now the other option is Endicia - you can print any labels with postage including international first class with them and you just pay with your credit card as you go plus they offer 3rd party insurance (and no membership fees)

Hope this helps... I sent you a message at Ebay, so you have my contact info - Feel free to shoot me a message any time...Take care,RaySmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

CLittle

Yeah, you're totally right!  I'm not sending sh*t out to anyone anywhere without being paid for it.  I love the WWW, Ebay, PayPal and other convenient services which have helped make the world a smaller place...but I'm not down for exposing myself any more than I have to.  Contact your buyer sellers and let them know that they'll receive their goods as soon as the hold is lifted on their payment.  Why on earth would anyone expect anything else?

Login to Me Too

adrfashions

FINALLY SOMEONE THAT HAS A HEAD ON THERE SHOULDERS- I ENJOYED YOUR POST !!!

Login to Me Too

amcdrummer

I hate that someone else is also dealing with this crazy nonsense but am glad I'm not alone too.I would love to be part of something to help this stuppid crap but doubt theres anything that can be done about it.

Login to Me Too

PERFECTBUYZ
Contributor
Contributor

When you sell an item on Ebay doesn't it require you to only accept paypal?

I use to be able to accept checks and money orders then my auctions were flagged cause I can only accept paypal. How convinient right?

I am fed up too. I have always had 100% feedback with Ebay no problems Im even a top seller. But this is just ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay and their payment options have been around longer than their other entity Paypal...Of course you can take other electronic forms of payment...It just isnt voiced very loudly by Ebay (hmm)

I have been selling & havent taken Paypal for 2 weeks....

Look on the seller list form...Under "Decide how you'd like to paid"

If you have an exsisting Ad Listed..Click "Revise Ad"

then click "Decide how you'd like to be paid"

then click "Add or Remove Payment Options"

click your payment options & hit save

Decide how you'd like to be paidAdd or remove options | Get help
Select at least one payment method, or click "Add or remove options" above to add a payment method.
Electronic payment methods ( fee varies )
PayPal   
Accept credit or debit card and bank payments safely and easily with PayPal.
Your PayPal account email address (to receive payments)  
If this item sells by a Best Offer, you will not be able to require immediate payment  

Moneybookers

Paymate

Login to Me Too

splitrock1918
Contributor
Contributor

You hit the nail on the head..They want the interest on the money...Internet sales down..No problem for these folks..They will hold your money for 21 days and keep the interest and misuse the very people that earn the money for them. Its a no brainier..I have 100% feedback and have been selling on Ebay since 2004. The most irritating part of all this is..They are doing it under the guise of protecting the consumer and they actually feel the merchants will believe this..If this were the case only sellers with questionable feedback ratings would be subject to this..If it wasn't my $25.49 they were holding..(minus their immediately deducted cut of course) it would almost be funny..Now let me think...mmm..Millions of dollars a day in transactions..Times the interest at even the lowest rate...Jeeze...what do you think that equates to...I believe we have been f#$%$ed ..and no breakfast ! So instead of complaining...We as Ebay sellers are a large group...When large group employers approach insurance companies to purchase a plan for their employees they have a lot of buying power..So I submit to all my fellow honest hardworking... Just got the shaft Ebay sellers..Lets do look for another venue ..Or perhaps form a union or approach a union that would take us on..I would gladly pay union dues to guarantee some equitable treatment instead of putting the quarter in to their pocket...Any takers for the research..Lets work smarter not harder and not be a victim....  

Login to Me Too

dough
Contributor
Contributor

I have left all this information in all my listing but it does really **bleep** due to the same owner of eBay is the same owner of peypal, or that's what I know from my husband, now any other way to get paid is great specially for us sellers that are using eBay just to pass it by, we are not big companies and trying to make the best we can we are already paying about $.16 per dollar in fees including both and even more, this is more than what the government is charging in taxes. But I thing this is all our fault due to there is more sites we can used for buying and selling. I will personally be checking where can I take my business and that will be well appreciated not like eBay and peypal that are treating us worst than their dog.

Login to Me Too

x48ziggy
Contributor
Contributor

I agree I am bieng F***ed right now out of 1000.00 or more. I am almost shut down because of this. I cant attend estate auctions or even ship items because of this. There was no warning. They just took my money. I agree with a class action lawsuit. Somehow this needs to get started.

Thanks, Dennis (ebay id x48ziggy)

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

I hate to say this but....there was a warning a year ago...dont get me wrong paypal started holding my funds on dec 28....they got 4 of them and to this day 2 have been released....folks its all n all what you are willing to put up with...period...    READ my earlier posts on pages 6 & 8   duh!     we made them what they are if you are happy with paypal well continue to use them but if not welll    DUH there are other options....dont just leave ebay cause of their right hand man    duh that just cuts your nose off to spite your face!     find other options!  PAYMATE!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.