Some Options to the ridiculous 21 day hold.

cs32cj23
Contributor
Contributor

I, like hundred's even thousands of others am past my limit with this ridiculous policy. I started a topic months ago "IM not going to ship items until the hold is released". Well since then horror stories have poured in, I get at least 20 responses a day on it, Papal acting like the SS Storm Troopers of the virtual void and freezing accounts as a result of speaking up, complaining about this policy. Well it appears paypal has no intention at all of changing this policy. Why should they? The greedy big-wigs sit back and collect millions in interest every single DAY on our money that they hold until a lazy or inconsiderate buyer decides to leave positive feedback. Or 21 days, whichever comes first. If you notice though, Papal takes their fees out right away.

I went with First Data Merchant Services to accept credit cards, They give you a free online shopping cart, a terminal to process credit cards, and a few other really cool perks. They charge 2.19% + .25 cents per transaction. It is sent directly to your account. THEN you send the item. Like the rest of the normal world. You want something, you pay for it, it gets sent to you. For f**ks sake, it is such BS. And I have had it. There is a class action lawsuit being filed against Paypal, they are violating the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. Since they aren't a bank, they don't have to follow any of the regulations that financial institutions have to follow if they are holding your money.

I truly hope that some day Papal comes to their senses, its not fair and not right. WE have the power in numbers as consumers, but we have to act and unite to bring them to their knees. They obviously are not concerned with customer satisfaction. I for one will not use Pay pal as soon as I can make the transition. Not for selling. Let me know what you think!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

emtee
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing much to add to this, except to say that I received the "21 day" email today.

As a user of Paypal for years, with an unblemished record both in Paypal and on Ebay spanning 10 years, and a perfect 10 DSR I refuse to be treated in this way and will take my small bit of custom elsewhere.

So another one you've lost Paypal.

Maybe a Facebook group might draw attention to this issue? Seemed to work for RageAgainstTheMachine 🙂

Login to Me Too

madjen
Contributor
Contributor

rmc, I wish you all the best too, we have a lot of company. It is sad as I really

enjoyed the people I met on ebay. ebids is different, I am just starting there

and best of luck to you wherever you decide to land. It's Their (ebay) Loss!

Login to Me Too

danann11

HI

IM SOO MAD ABOUT THEM HOLDING FUNDS,,WHY ARE SOME HELD AND SOME ARENT,,WHO MAKES THAT DECISION?

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME MORE ABOUT EBIDS? IM CONSIDERING CHECKING OUT OTHER OPTIONS ALSO. I HAVE BEEN ON EBAY 10 YEARS ALSO PAYPAL. THIS IS CRAP

ANN

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Ebids is anouther auction site...still new but they are gaining popularity. Fees are much,much lower.

If your not happy with Paypal why not try Paymate..It is an accepted form of payment thru Ebay , they charge 2.9%+.50 per transaction....just .20 more thean Paypal without the headaches.

When Paypal started this holding crap, I just looked for someone else to do the job they (paypal) are suppose to be doing - Transfer funds & that is ALL! 

It wasnt too hard to find a great option that didnt make me jump thru hoops for MY money & it is an option on all Ebay Seller Forms.

By the way, to any out there that think that these holds are only for "bad sellers" Think again!  I carry 4.9-5.0 in All DSR ratings & have NEVER had any chargebacks or claims against me ...PLUS All my packages are insured by ME! and I offer a refund policy without any BS. The way it should be.

Paypal does NOT do their homework on sellers....Sooner or later it will be ALL sellers that get the 21 day hold or the Rolling reserve.

Paypal cheerleaders are more then welcome to stay aboard and sink with the ship...Bon Voyage!!

Login to Me Too

Louisajr7676
Contributor
Contributor

Instead of posting your messages, I suggest you send an old fashion letter requesting a reply by letter. This way it will cost them to return your letter .

Login to Me Too

BabyEagle

Has anyone tried craigslist.org ? You can list for free on there and relist as many times as you want. The only downer is that you have to work out payment with the buyer/seller because they don't use anything like paypal. I won't use Ebay anymore.. they totally ruined my store and overcharged me in fees then shutdown my store because I couldn't pay the fee's when over half of my items that I was being paid for were on hold. There is some definite scamming going on here. I strongly suggest that for anyone who has credit cards linked to Ebay to call your credit card companies and report them lost or stolen. Thats what I did. They will issue you a new card and transfer your account so that Ebay can't touch it. Ebay had ahold of 3 of my cards- it was a nightmare! And I am STILL waiting for payment on one of my items. This is such complete BS.. I really hope that Ebay/paypal gets the pants sued off of them but good!

Login to Me Too

jstagirl24
Contributor
Contributor

Havent tried craigs list, but there is an auction site called ebid.  theres a lot of stuff listed and its  a small one time fee but still not sure exactly  how it works, I didnt have a store but in one week Im already seeing a decline in even how many people look at my items never mind watch or buy. check this site out maybe it will help.

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

Login to Me Too

pfannkuchen
Contributor
Contributor

you have the be very careful with craigslist, that is another scamming site. I had some luck selling a few things but also had some scammers, so be aware!

Login to Me Too

WALKUPandDEAL
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay owns 29.4% of CraigsList

Login to Me Too

LSPP
Contributor
Contributor

What PayPal is doing is flat out illegal and they are getting sued for it as well. You can join in the law suit at letssuepaypal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.