unuthorised transaction dispute

Jerzy1
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold an item trough paypal "pay for the goods". In lead up to transaction itself I had long email conversation with the buyer. Person have provided delivery address. Soon as I have received money I have sent the item out and provided the buyer with delivery details including tracking number. Few weeks later I found that there's dispute oppened by the buyer on the bases unuthorised transaction. I than provided paypal resolution centre with all details of my conversation with seller and trackin number too. At the point of transaction I've noticed that person sending payment have diffrent name than the person I had email exchange with but I didn't found this to be suspicious. I've been selling item with good faith that I'm dealing with someone who genuinely want to buy it. 

I don't know what is my position in this situation. Potentially I've lost whole value of the item and item itself. Any advice ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there Jerzy1.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. If you have sold an item through PayPal and a case was filed, you would be required to respond to the case through your Resolution Centre. 

We would advise you to provide as much information through your account and you would receive an update on the case via email when there is any new information. 

You should also review our Seller Protection Policy to see how you may be covered for this transaction here

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.