Meet the Community!

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

In the interest of camaraderie and getting to know a little bit about the people behind the posts, I’m starting this thread. I’d love to see everyone post a bit about yourself, your interests and hobbies, what makes you tick, and anything else you’d like for us to know about you. I’d love to hear from all of you, especially the people who’ve been spending so much of their time here helping people for so long (@kernowlass@sharpiemarker@jmarc_38, and @angelleye, to name a few).

This idea started when one of the regular posters complimented and asked me about another of the Community's regular posters, and I said, “Get to know her!” Then I realized, we all should get to know each other! So, here’s the place to start. 😊

Note:

• Please limit this thread to the discussion about getting to know each other. If you have questions on any PayPal-related topics, please post in one of our Help boards to allow a thread that’s specific to that topic.
  • Please keep the discussion family-friendly and in line with our Community Guidelines.
  • Don’t share or ask for any sensitive and/or contact information, including but not limited to full names, email addresses, social media handles, etc.

I’ll get us started!

I’m Olivia. My pronouns are she/her, and I’m coming to you from the middle of the US. I really love board games and have a pretty massive collection of them, currently around 225, with various themes and game mechanics. I live with my husband and our 3 cats who are always getting into trouble (the cats, not the husband). I am fueled by a steady diet of Diet Coke and humor. I love people and spend time with them every chance I get, even if only virtually most of the time. I also love words and I play Wordle and Quordle every day to keep my brain sharp.

Your turn!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

Hello Olivia 🙂
I use my real first name, jean-marc, and I'm French. I live in a nice region in France, and like you, I love cats! I have two, and I have always had cats since my childhood.

I am self-taught in many areas. I like people, to dialogue, and to help too.

of great passion, computers, electronics, DIY,

for the private life relationship side, it's complicated, let's say. never married, but not always single

I like to figure things out on my own, to look for explanations, and no, it is so, because it is so.

Login to Me Too

GeraldineSotto
New Community Member
Hello, I'm from the Philippines. My husband and I also have cats... Actually I love animals but my husband is more affectionate more than I.. He loves taking care of them.. I do love to meet new friends, and more..
Login to Me Too

Tulgm
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jmarc_38,

Thank you for all the great answers you've been giving in the forum! Your experience with learning new things has been very helpful to a lot of people, since you have learned multiple languages and a lot about the way that PayPal works! Now I know who to come to if I have any computer problems! 🙂

Hi @GeraldineSotto,

Welcome! We're glad to have you here! We're always looking for new friends. 🙂

Hi @Tulgm,

Welcome!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good morning all 🙂 @GeraldineSotto @Tulgm 

@PayPal_Olivia 

I'm far from having learned several languages, to read it, understand it, and write it, it's still very complicated 🙂

on the German forum, my answers are a disaster, a nice user told me that my German is not good, and he is right. German word meanings are too complex.

for paypal , a subject has always interested me , it is to explain to people the scams , and thus to avoid them .

It's amazing to see the "trick" that some scammer uses.

I have seen examples of lies so often that I have always made it a priority to answer them!

I come from a modest family, and I hate scammers.

for computing, it's been a passion for 40 years 🙂

this includes the hardware part of a computer, a phone, and the software part.

as I had said here on the forum too, at another time, it was security that interested me a lot.
explain and demonstrate how one could infect a machine, even if an anti-virus is present.

far too many people are unaware of the risks that can happen by retrieving "stuff" from the internet.

an example was sometimes the legend, that an apple computer was invulnerable to virus.

I always like to read it on the forums, and think that many don't know, that any internet connected product is vulnerable.

my other passion is bringing a product back to life, which should go in the trash.

repair when possible, or transformation into another object.

for DIY , I also like this 🙂
During the pandemic, I built myself a mini circular table saw.

lots of things to buy in china, motor, saw blade, electronics to manage the speed.

I make my own lithium-ion batteries too 🙂
I know the subject very well to do it myself.

I have never said so much on the paypal forum 🙂

I hope that your idea Olivia , which is very good, will bring other users here to discuss 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @jmarc_38!

for DIY , I also like this 🙂
During the pandemic, I built myself a mini circular table saw.

lots of things to buy in china, motor, saw blade, electronics to manage the speed.

I make my own lithium-ion batteries too 🙂

That's really very amazing! Most people wouldn't even begin to be able to do something like that!

I hope that your idea Olivia , which is very good, will bring other users here to discuss 🙂

I hope so too! Thank you for participating!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Olivia 

it's not that complicated actually 🙂 many people also share their passions with youtube.
and above, it is interesting to also discover people who share achievements.
then, everyone can adapt something, to improve it, and do with it what they want for their use.
it's true, you still have to be a bit of a handyman, and be careful.
safety remains the word, always be careful, and respect the safety of tools.

for lithium-ion, you have to be very careful, and not leave it to the child.
it is a product that exists everywhere, but it requires knowledge, control electronics. otherwise, serious accident is possible.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Great idea, Oliva!

I'm Drew.  I'm born and raised in Kansas City, MO, but moved to Pensacola, FL just a few months ago.  Just me, my wife, and our two crazy Bengal cats. 

I'm big into ping pong (table tennis) and I'm still on the board of Kansas City Table Tennis, a nonprofit in KC that runs open play, leagues, tournaments, clinics, junior and senior programs, and bring awareness to the benefits of table tennis for disabilities like Alzheimers and Parkinsons.  Hoping to do something similar in Pensacola.

I've been a computer geek since I was 13 years old (40 now...wow) and got started with PayPal nearly 20 years ago when I needed payments for websites.  I help others because I enjoy it, and also because it allows me to stay up-to-date and continue learning new things myself.  I have a YouTube channel where I discuss all things PayPal related.  You can get to know me better there if you're curious!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @angelleye,

I'm big into ping pong (table tennis) and I'm still on the board of Kansas City Table Tennis, a nonprofit in KC that runs open play, leagues, tournaments, clinics, junior and senior programs, and bring awareness to the benefits of table tennis for disabilities like Alzheimers and Parkinsons.  Hoping to do something similar in Pensacola.

That's so cool! There's a similar understanding regarding board games being beneficial for people with Alzheimers and other such situations. There's a seniors program at a great board game cafe/library I volunteer with. Looks like we have something in common!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.