how do i reopen a closed case

edmunds1950
New Community Member

I have been told to go to closed case and click on appeal,but no appeal is on the page tired of being sent round in circles I just want my money back 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edmunds1950

You can only appeal if you have 'new' information to add, and you can only appeal within 10 days of the dispute / claim being closed.

Info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq205...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@edmunds1950

You can only appeal if you have 'new' information to add, and you can only appeal within 10 days of the dispute / claim being closed.

Info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq205...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MichelleSheree
Contributor
Contributor
No help - just pushes you back into the loop getting no where - sorry
Login to Me Too

RJSGUITARS111
Contributor
Contributor

YOU CANT AS THEY HAVE REMOVED THIS, TO STOP YOU GETTING YOUR REFUND BACK, SHOWER OF **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Buggy105
New Community Member

I think this is crazy, I was waiting for the supplier to respond, they didnt, it ran over a date and now nothing can be done. I've had multiple problems over the past 2 years now Paypal, the service is gone to **bleep**, 

Login to Me Too

Useless2

PayPal’s customer service is useless and has no interest in helping their customers who pay their paychecks by using their service to make purchases from what turned out to be a fraudulent merchant! I filed a claim for a refund against a merchant who never had the item in stock. The merchant, Impala Bob’s, refuses continued requests to process a refund. PayPal sent me an email that went to my spam/junk folder and by the time I saw it it had expired. They said I had to “escalate“ the claim whatever that means. The merchant never responded to PayPal. I called and was told the system automatically closed the claim and they could not re-open it. It’s more like they won’t re-open it. I was told by one person I could file an appeal and was transferred around then finally told once the system closes the claim it’s closed, too bad! Very unlikely I will ever longer be using PayPal for purchases through merchants. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Useless2 

The 'dispute' part is for you to negotiate with the seller, if you can't reach a resolution then you need to escalate the dispute to a 'claim' for Paypal to get involved. You have 'up to' 20 days to escalate but can do so at anytime. If you fail to do so then it will automatically close. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

discompanytrash
New Community Member
all in favor of filing a class action lawsuit against paypal . we should bot be punsihed due to "system limitaions" they need to fix there system how dumb of paypal. down with corporations!
Login to Me Too

Schulman
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get my reply?
Login to Me Too

fiarguy
New Community Member

thats BS. reopening a case is a loop of garbage. what other info can u provide other that your payment? the seller cant even provide a pic of the product sitting at my door. if the seller simply replies, "weve sent the product," paypal takes that as gold and side with them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.