World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

cautious_caveat
Contributor
Contributor

Use Paypal's cancel not the email's cancel

<removed>

Login to Me Too

cautious_caveat
Contributor
Contributor

@Foxfire2210 Use Paypal's 'Activity' section see if you have a dropdown like in this video

<removed>

Login to Me Too

bettenan
Contributor
Contributor

I hate to be leary of PayPal.  But more and more I have customers who don't use it. They will send me a check  and skip PayPal.  

The issue is buying from Ebay you are limited to PayPal or nothing.

Login to Me Too

browserICT
Contributor
Contributor

It won't let me cancel it either.  PayPal support has been trying to help me.  Told me to turn off popup blockers- I did.  Reboot my computer.  I did.  Nothing is working.  I cannot cancel the darn thing and they said they can't do it for me.  They are responding to my messages with ideas.... but none work.

Login to Me Too

cautious_caveat
Contributor
Contributor

@browserICT do you have an Activity and a dropdown with cancel option as seen in this video? It may appear differently depending on if you have personal vs business pp

<removed>

Login to Me Too

browserICT
Contributor
Contributor
No. I don’t have a drop down option. When I click on cancel, it takes me to the invoice and nothing else appears. Thank you though
Login to Me Too

CindyMNC
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here.  I've been on chat mode with PayPal customer service.  The only response I get it to click the cancel button.  I've figured out that the reason the cancel button doesn't work is because you cannot request a refund from a charity donation, which is what this is.  How this organization got access to my PayPal account concerns me.  I've never donated to this charity, nor do I want to!  

Login to Me Too

chrismansa

I received an invoice from them for $50 today.  I think this is a fraud, and I doubt this is really WHO.  I am unable to cancel, and like others cannot submit it to the PayPal Resolution Center.  Nothing works to get rid of it or to report it.

Login to Me Too

browserICT
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot cancel that stupid invoice either.  PayPal support has been trying to help me.  Told me to turn off popup blockers- I did.  Reboot my computer.  I did.  Nothing is working.  I cannot cancel the darn thing and they said they can't do it for me.  They are responding to my messages with ideas.... but none work.

Login to Me Too

browserICT
Contributor
Contributor

It won't let me cancel it.  PayPal support has been trying to help me.  Told me to turn off popup blockers- I did.  Reboot my computer.  I did.  Nothing is working.  I cannot cancel the darn thing and they said they can't do it for me.  They are responding to my messages with ideas.... but none work.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.