paypal guaranteed to reopen a case after lockdown then removed emails and refused to reopen it!

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

I have a few ongoing discussions about this matter  with an order from China December 2019, it was a not as described case, the Chinese merchant,  ignored my messages for more then a week on ebay, so I raised a paypal case and he reported that there was lock down in his area and was un able to respond from the office, this took place between December 2019 and January 2020, I did not believe him as zero news was out on the net yet, then during the Chinese new year I was sure the merchant was in some trouble so I asked paypal to extend the time so the merchant can come to an agreement on how to move forward once back in the office., we extended the time roughly 4 times as it was news that covid19 was spreading, lock downs took place in China, then Europe and then the USA.

By the time it was clear I should simply return this $300 order for a refund the lock down also effected the French Post office where I was, they blocked shipments from and to China,  I sent paypal a dozen messages and we extended the time again., paypal suggested a private company but the cost to ship back from any in france (DHL etc)  is astronomical, paypal generously then sent me $20 towards shipping it back as well and by the end of July I finally provided a tracking number which was updated until it arrived at the merchants site ---> but nothing was reported,

I could not get an answer from the merchant either by email or phone, paypal then reported activity is indeed taking place with this merchant and its as wise that I had sent the item back as he was clearly ignoring my ebay emails, direct emails and phone calls., but they decided to close the case and told me I could re open it when movement is showing in the tracking history, so no one knows if the merchant examine the return, no one at paypal discussed what time limitation the merchant had, China post simply did not update this which is not normal, the French post said it reached its destination and that china post is responsible for reporting the results to the tracking number and they are not....and the French post office can't do anything about it now because the racking number is too old.

Paypal assured me again not to worry and we will reopen the case even if its a year later, but they did warn again that the merchant is indeed actively sending and receiving packages using paypal, they where aware he was lying or ignoring me, but I was not alerted if the merchant had a so and so limited time to respond since receiving the package,  so PP closed the case.

Last week a small package arrived here from China, a French and a Chinese label indicated REFUSED was the reason, when I checked the address I realised it was the merchant who had sold me a GUITAR, by far the package could not of possibly contained a guitar, it is 5x7x4 inches and less then 1lb, I opened the package to find what looked like a smashed piece of cardboard portion of the guitar box I sent back, the merchant kept the item (guitar) and refused the box sending back garbage., I then try to contact paypal about opening a case as I was clearly in the right for a refund and voila!  all the messages where gong!! I could not even see the case number and had to dig around for it..

Through out all those previous messages paypal had recognised  that the merchant lied to me, wasted time, knew how to play the system and even got hotty with nasty jokes like he will SPRAY a replacement item before sending it to me, spray with what ? Covid19? I was told that they will not tolerate any merchant like this, those messages with the merchant where on ebay, the merchant did not ONCE respond to a single paypal message, yet paypal removed them and is now telling me that the case is closed because 180 days past....if this does not sound suspect I dont know what does, collusion?? a PP employee behind it linked to the merchant?? paypal ignored me every time I asked why the messages where gong, why they refuse to find and read them, why they did not honour anything they said in these messages and instead side with am merchant who clearly ignored any messages in PP and some how is in bed with China post.

These activities are unlawful full, I work very closely with the authorities where I am, specifically meet the head of cyber crime patrol yet under our very noses we witness something paypal is responsible for and the only additional thing I am told is to seek a charge back from my credit card issuer which I used to transfer the money to paypal who send cash to this merchant, you see, the bank I have says its paypal who gave this merchant the money and the French post does not understand how paypal can ignore the fact that I should be refunded.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone who read all this, I had purchased the item December 2019, I got the refund after involving an attorney, getting advise and contacting paypal about the messenger activities such as removed messages etc, basically got my refund almost a year later since the purchase...not very fair that I had to insist paypal respect and honour their word and re open a case closed due to covid19 delays as they promised

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone who read all this, I had purchased the item December 2019, I got the refund after involving an attorney, getting advise and contacting paypal about the messenger activities such as removed messages etc, basically got my refund almost a year later since the purchase...not very fair that I had to insist paypal respect and honour their word and re open a case closed due to covid19 delays as they promised

Login to Me Too

Stucifer
New Community Member

Pay pal **bleep**. Bunch of **bleep**in thieves

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.