World Health Organization COVID Fund Invoice Scam

HollowKnights2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hey world. Not sure if I'm the only one receiving this invoice but just got an invoice for $20.00 from something called the Respond Fund for World Solidarity from the World Health Organization.  Paypal won't let me dispute this invoice nor would I presume the WHO would send dubious invoices for donations through Paypal so I'm assuming it's a scam. Just curious if this is being sent out to others. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your posts. We are very sorry for the confusion and frustration you may have experienced regarding the recent unsolicited donations invoices you may have received. Our teams are actively working to detect and remediate this fraudulent activity. Our customers should never pay an unsolicited invoice.

Customers may also cancel unwanted invoices from your account by following these steps:

· Navigate to the “Activities” tab from the header options
· Locate the invoice and hit “Cancel”

After locating the invoice, if you see that it is already canceled, no further action is needed. If you have any questions about your account and wish to speak with a representative, please visit the Contact Us page to find contact options.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
483 REPLIES 483

Metric
Contributor
Contributor
My aunt got this. I told her it's phishing.
Login to Me Too

UnfairNothappy
Contributor
Contributor
It’s not just an email it’s actually on my PayPal account I have to find the invoice
Login to Me Too

bargainbandido
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, the fact that it's in our accounts is the most troubling- beyond phishing, paypal you have been hacked or you're promoting a very (recently) politicized organization.
Login to Me Too

Christiesuzanne
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same exact issue.
Login to Me Too

Luisalfonsoalba
Contributor
Contributor

I got the feeling PayPal is in it too. 9

Login to Me Too

Chrismarco
how the hell does this even get into my PayPal? Was there a security breech that PayPal isn't telling us? I too received an invoice to pay 50.00 to this same phony fund.
Login to Me Too

Cplofhds
I just got the same invoice
Login to Me Too

SherylLynn13
Contributor
Contributor
I got the same thing. How do we get rid of it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.