PayPal is aware of these fraudulent tactics bait and switch is a money game for them.

unfairpractice
Contributor
Contributor

I trusted PayPal with my money but won't be doing that anymore. I think they are in on scamming for the fee they charge the scammers they call "seller". During the Covid19 outbreak, I couldn't get a live person to speak with. I had to deal with robot answers that kept sending me to the Resolution Center where they kept telling me that they had up to a certain date to resolve my case. Every time I look the dates would change and then I would get a message that if they don't hear from the merchant I would get a refund, yet the date kept changing and so no refund in sight. The seller sent me a transaction that my ordered items were on there way. Upon receiving the so-called package it was a small box you can get at the Dollar Tree, I had ordered 2 cabinets that open up had legs and doors that would expand. (I thought maybe if I put it in water it might transform, big joke, they sent me a button in place of a pair of Uggs.) Then I get another email from the seller stating that the items I ordered were no longer available, so they went on and sent me what they wanted and not what I ordered. Now they want me to spend another $20 to return the item and would get first a 30% refund and keep the small box or a 50% refund when they received the item back. This went on for 2 months and I wasn't about to be scammed once again so I put a hold on the funds to PayPal via my bank. It's not so much the amount, it's the principal of them scamming people and getting away with it. I have printed every email the seller has sent me contradicting themselves and will be forwarding it to the BBB. If we all sent our scam dealings with PayPal maybe we can get them to recognize that this is an outright scamming scheme PayPal is doing to consumers like you and me. The date they gave me for the resolution was August 31 they declined my claim Aug 29th without reason. I suggest you stop payment with your bank the first day you come into the battle with PayPal.  If it comes from China you are not getting anything back for there is no jurisdiction that they have to do anything. Getting PayPal to pay for their bait and switch scheme might slow them down. Getting BBB involved just might shut them down or fine them for these intentional fraudulent transactions. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Chinas
Contributor
Contributor
I have reported PayPal / the bait and Switch China scam with the help of my credit card to Canadas anti fraud centre. I will be cancelling my PayPal after 15 years as I believe they are part of the problem
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.