Received MREURIO Watch. Did not order. There is no activity on my account either

Geoffreymiller
Contributor
Contributor

I received a package from <Removed> NY with a MREURIO watch in the box. I did not order this through paypal. 

Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to communicate with PayPal 

Login to Me Too
183 REPLIES 183

elliepresents
I, too ordered the laptop desk and received MREURIO watch. So many of us! What is the deal?!?
Login to Me Too

JadeSerendipity
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same scam pulled on me now. Has anyone been successful at getting their money back? Any advice on how to deal with this?
Login to Me Too

Geoffreymiller
Contributor
Contributor

I escalated and appealed it through PayPal. The charge was removed from my account.

Login to Me Too

JWQuinn
Contributor
Contributor

I had ordered a "work-relax" table and received this watch instead. I am trying to resolve the issue now before I escalate it to Paypal, but they are so far refusing to refund my money for the table I bought and they did not send and saying I must send the watch back at my expense.  

Login to Me Too

TeeCee22
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't waste your time and energy. You're trying to negotiate with thieves. If a thousand people (hundreds in this thread alone) ordered the desk and received a watch, this company in China knows EXACTLY what they're doing. You didn't order ANYTHING from China. You probably ordered from a Facebook "sponsored" ad. The ad I ordered from says ships from the USA. I didn't receive my desk. I received a watch. Thankfully, I called PayPal and escalated the dispute and got a full refund from them without sending anything back. PayPal is well aware of these people and issued my refund within 24 hours of my call to them. Don't do it online. Just phone PayPal and they're really helpful!

Login to Me Too

Babs714
I just received a MREURIO watch in the mail , & I did NOT order it! How do I dispute this?
Login to Me Too

SandraK1230
Contributor
Contributor
I received a Mreurio watch also and did not order either. I did order a wind spinners and paid threw PayPal and never received it. Tried to dispute the charge and the company will not return my money because they said they shipped it and was received at my mailbox, which it was not. Don’t order thew Facebook because this has happed twice now. Different product, never received.
Login to Me Too

ffredddd
Contributor
Contributor
Read all the posts on this thread and on the kainuode thread to learn House this scam works. I got my money refunded by PayPal after sending them a photo of the watch with its packing materials, showing the delivery confirmation number the scammers claimed belonged to the lapdesk I ordered. PayPal knows this is a scam.
Login to Me Too

TeeCee22
Contributor
Contributor

So, lucky for me, PayPal issued my refund nearly a month ago. Today, I received the MREURIO garbage watch. I'm guessing this scam company is going to try to "negotiate" to have the item returned to a non-existent address in China or give a meaningless discount. Here's the number for PayPal:[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] The guy who helped me was awesome!

Last November, I was also taken by a Facebook scam and it was very difficult getting PayPal to issue the refund. Whatever you do, be very careful about the wording you use! I was clear that I had ordered a Rubbermaid Storage Unit. The scammers sent me a bracelet (for my $125). When PayPal said that I had received my order and read off the tracking number for the bracelet, I asked them whether they are "in on it" and are knowingly keeping everyone's money? That may not have been the smartest direction to go in. I did, however get my money but I knew right then that unless I am very clear, I would not get my money back. I clearly explained that, in fact, I had been scammed by someone abusing PayPal (and Facebook) because my item would have been 40 pounds or more and the tracking information showed that the parcel was 1 pound. If you can show them that it was a bait-and-switch, you stand a good chance of getting your refund. 

Login to Me Too

Geoffreymiller
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, that isn’t always true. I bought a log splitter on Facebook and the company used the delivery receipt as proof. This was about 9 months ago but the algorithm wouldn’t allow me to appeal the appeal. So I lost $30...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.