Can I use the same credit card that is linked to my old permanently blocked account?

Caverneiro
New Community Member

Last year, after submitting a photo of my ID to confirm my age, 21 at the time, my paypal account got blocked because at the date of creation of the account I was not 18 yet. Ever since the account has been blocked and can not perform any transaction or any kind of activity permanently.

I found similar cases in the paypal community which stated that I can create a new account as long as I am over 18, which is the case, however I still don't know if I can add the same bank account and credit card to the new account as they're the only ones I currently have but are still linked to the blocked account and can not be unlinked.

If anyone can confirm whether I can or not add those same details to a new account would very helpful.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Caverneiro 

Paypal limits an illegally opened paypal account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account.

If you have a permanently limited account then you would need to check with customer services if you can open another one now you are of age. If you don't then that one may end up limited as well as they don't always say yes as you have already broken their rules once. Also you would need to add new cards etc as you would not be able to remove anything from the limited account unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.