Purchased something from a fake website.

aemeri
Contributor
Contributor

The website's name is xkangmoba.com. It looks legitimate, like Wish, but once I bought something for 52 dollars I decided to investigate more bc I am an idiot. I figured out within 30 minutes of my purchase that this was a fake website because I googled their customer service email. I googled their name before buying anything but I did not find anything... at all. I **bleep** up. I am not sure what else to do other than create a claim and use the reason as "Item is missing" although I explained everything on the case file. I tried messaging and calling PayPal but corona has slowed everything down so I am not sure what to do now.

Just to be clear, I figured out that the website was fake within 30 minutes of the purchase and started a case on PayPal. I tried canceling the payment but within that 30 minutes, but the fake seller processed the payments so the payment was complete.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

jjapaguri
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @aemeri 

I hope you are doing well!

A completed payment cannot be cancelled, this is why you were not able to cancel the transaction after you made it.

I undestand your concern, however we usually advise to give 7 days to the seller and ship the item without assuming that something will be wrong with the item.

Once you open a claim for item not received, we will ask the seller for the tracking details and continue from there so please do not worry. Also, even  if you receive the item and it is not as described, the claim can be updated to that reason too.

I hope this helps!

jjapaguri

Login to Me Too

BreenX
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I'm in the same boat . . . boy do I feel taken . . . I'll wait the whatever days, then I'll file a claim.

Login to Me Too

BreenX
Contributor
Contributor

In fact, I first tried to make a purchase with my MC bank card, and the transaction did not go through according to the site, but then moments later I got a message from my bank about an unauthorized transaction, and my card was frozen, then subsequently canceled by the bank.

Putting the F U in FUN!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

aemeri
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry! We learn from our mistakes I suppose. I started the claim as soon as possible and I would recommend the same for you. I emailed the seller about canceling my order probably 20 times already but there is no response and I don't think there will be one.

Login to Me Too

BreenX
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Well it looks like PP will not let me report my transactions . . . yes, with an "s"  . . . because:

Unable to complete your request

We’re sorry, you can’t file a case on this type of transaction. Please refer to our USER AGREEMENT for more details.

Guess I'm **bleep** . . .

How were you able to file a case or claim for your transaction?

THX

B

Login to Me Too

mbennett1

I was not able to file a claim..

Login to Me Too

Adrianadmtay
Same thing to me from the same website xkangmoba
Login to Me Too

Neaituppi
Contributor
Contributor

Good on your bank. They are doing their job. Protecting you.

Login to Me Too

lenasean9
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same problem I opened up a case saying item not received on may 26th on June 1 I received a small packet with 3 face mask delivery was confirmed but I sent PayPal my email order confirmation from the seller showing I purchased a xl tractor power wheel, a graco pack n play and a mamaroo baby swing these are all large items that can’t be sent first class mail the approximate weight for my 3 items is around 80 lbs I feel and have read on google that this company is a fake there scammers it’s a lot of people saying PayPal only ask for tracking information and once it says delivered they close in the sellers favor so scammers are sending anything because that’s all they have to do is have proof of delivery this is so sad and I can’t talk to anyone or comment or send a message
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.