Purchased something from a fake website.

aemeri
Contributor
Contributor

The website's name is xkangmoba.com. It looks legitimate, like Wish, but once I bought something for 52 dollars I decided to investigate more bc I am an idiot. I figured out within 30 minutes of my purchase that this was a fake website because I googled their customer service email. I googled their name before buying anything but I did not find anything... at all. I **bleep** up. I am not sure what else to do other than create a claim and use the reason as "Item is missing" although I explained everything on the case file. I tried messaging and calling PayPal but corona has slowed everything down so I am not sure what to do now.

Just to be clear, I figured out that the website was fake within 30 minutes of the purchase and started a case on PayPal. I tried canceling the payment but within that 30 minutes, but the fake seller processed the payments so the payment was complete.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Neaituppi
Contributor
Contributor

I did too. From a site that supposedly sells high end guitars for under a $100. Basically early this same morning, the tenth.

I tried to stop the payment at Paypal, all day today. and contact Paypal by phone, because the resolution center takes a couple weeks before they will step in. 

Even though when it was pending for $94 The seller changed it to $108 Which I didn't know that could be done, which scared me even more, because I initially approved $94 When I transferred to Paypal. But there were taxes and shipping was free in the invoice. 

I was worried they could find some way to keep making charges. I changed my password, in case when going through their site to paypal, they were able to get passwords and make charges. I guess they caught on that there is a lot of people out there that would like a really good guitar, but can't afford one. So seeing that makes them not be careful. And the site was listed as secure. If I get some cheap guitar, I guess it is not a complete loss. These sites used to be unsecured, and will encourage people to put in a credit card, instead of using paypal. The premise that got me is they said the guitar shop was filing bankruptcy, and needed to pay some fees, so was selling the guitar inventory. But it worries me, if something like this happens, and you can't get real time help from Paypal. What about unauthorized charges? Or unauthorized follow up charges? People don't need to be near each other to do customer service over the phone.

Login to Me Too

mbennett1

this happened to me too.  Where do we get help?  I cant email PayPal, they say I have to call.  When I call, they say no one is there to help me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.