Paypal denied and closed a dispute case for an item not as described. How can I appeal the denial?

Cxrs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I recently disputed a payment for an item not as described, asking for a partial refund in exchange for returning the items, and paypal closed the case, stating the listing was accurate. The seller never had pictures showing the damage in the listing, never provided pictures of the damage, and never uploaded the ad to the dispute. I cannot find a button to appeal the decision, and I don't know what I can do to get a refund.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cxrs 

Items have to be significantly other than as described for a paypal claim to go through, unfortunately paypal rarely get involved in quality issues, so you would need to sort that out with the merchant you purchased from. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cxrs
Contributor
Contributor
I tried, and sadly it wasn't a merchant but an individual, who told me a couple of choice worda when I asked to just send the parts back. Paypal has repeatedly denied the claim, stating that I have modified the items, and when I call to speak to an actual person, the person on the other end of the phone just tells me that they think it's suspicious I had the items for three months before opening the claim, so they chose to deny it. I have no idea what to do, because I spent a lot of money on the items and left them in a box until I was ready to use them, and they were damaged as soon as I opened it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.