Scam seller using fake tracking number

enwakan1
Contributor
Contributor

This isn't a question but more of a solution. There's a seller named Gloria <removed> that runs a scam website called cricutsvip.com. I order an item and paid it through PayPal and it suddenly said "submit payment". PayPal clearly showed it was paid so I contacted them in the website and didn't get a response. A week later, I go to check if they responded and my account on the website is deleted. I googled to see if it was a scam, and Google found it suspicious. I disputed it with my bank, created a dispute with PayPal, and reported then to the FTC. Then the seller decided to respond. They uploaded a tracking number saying it was delivered but it was not. I contacted my local post office and gave them the tracking number. It was a legit tracking number but was for completely different person at a different address. It just happened to be in a similar area. I read on here that the automated system automatically rules in favor of the seller if they upload a tracking number so you Must contact Paypal directly, so I did just that. The PayPal agent looked at all the documents I uploaded and verified with USPS. The case closed in my favor and I got my money back. If you have a similar experience, also contact PayPal, keep all your receipts, and get proof.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

smoochy916
Contributor
Contributor

The very same thing happened to me, and honestly 10 days in not long enough to respond to the denial email. I didn't see it until it was too late.  

Paypal was shown a fake tracking number also I'm sure. They probably didn't even make sure it was legit. Now there is nothing I can do about it.

Leif

Login to Me Too

enwakan1
Contributor
Contributor
Contact PayPal as soon as possible. I think you can file an appeal. But call them to make sure.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.