Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, facebook, and paypal should be shutting these scammers down, but they wont because they make money from them. **bleep** the little guy is there motto. Right now on facebook they are selling a kids logic floating delorean for $75. To actually buy it from kids logic costs $307. It's all just a scam.
Login to Me Too

maxine97
Contributor
Contributor
I find this with PayPal now, I always felt safe because they always protected me, now they don’t really seem to care
Login to Me Too

RoverP5B
Contributor
Contributor

Same experience for me, enticed in by a Facebook video advert showing a remote control official Land Rover, to end up with a crushed box containing a pull-back and go poor quality LANO PDVER toy. I only bought as I saw they took Paypal and felt secure in purchasing.

Opened a case and Paypal took weeks to finally decide that I need to return and offered to partially cover 1/3rd of the return cost, suggesting that I need to take local legal action to recoup any losses. Ridiculous.

The fact I'm not alone makes me feel better as I've never been scammed like this. Why aren't Paypal taking action? Conversations with support by message or phone are pointless as they simply don't listen.

Awaiting translated address for the return. My own enquiries have it as a hotel room. I note that their webshop has disappeared and a very very similar company has popped up and offering the same items on Facebook. Quelle surprise!

For business, we use Paypal as our eBay processor putting £1000s through each week. I was in two minds about moving to eBay's new Managed Payments solution, but you know what, this make it decision made, especially knowing how customers abuse the Paypal system and yet I/we can't get our money back from a company that is clearly scamming innocent people.

Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
You will see the same fancy advert again and again on facebook, then every week or so, they change the name of the company selling the item. This is all a scam to get as much money out of people as possible. Why do facebook and paypal allow these scams? And why should we have to return the rubbish that they send to us? It costs us more money to send it back to China, and there is still no guarantee that we will get a refund.
Login to Me Too

TTodd2
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a reborn baby On July 2 and when I went to track my order it tells me page not found but they took my money from PayPal I’m like a lot of people on here why would PayPal and face book allow these people to take advantage of people they have to know they are scammers my stomach is sick right now knowing I’ve been had for 43.98 smh
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

They are still advertising on Facebook.  Lots of different names.  I have reported them to Facebook. 🙁

Login to Me Too

Donna451
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. Disgusting how they are scamming people.
Login to Me Too

CCoomer47
Contributor
Contributor
Facebook won’t do anything and neither will PayPal. I deleted PayPal from my phone and will NEVER order from anywhere but Amazon in the future!! At least they are true to their word!!
Login to Me Too

Teresaspeed
Contributor
Contributor
I was refunded , keep trying
Login to Me Too

AngeeZ
You are so welcome! Thank you so much for the badge!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.