Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please read previous posts regarding not giving up etc. PayPal will pay return postage up to £15. Also tell PayPal you want return address in English. You will get a refund eventually but keep at them. As said, read previous posts. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Emabish75
Contributor
Contributor
I managed to get a refund through paypal but not before the parcel was returned to the Uk. The parcel company are trying to work out how much I owe them for the return carriage to the Uk! Paypal op in the end was lovely but it did take 6 weeks of several emails everyday!
Login to Me Too

KenW62
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I will keep on messaging paypal until they get tired of me and concede!
Login to Me Too

KenW62
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply, I've no intention of giving up on this. Will have a good look through all the previous posts as you suggest.
Login to Me Too

jendaw42
Yes. I have sent them the cheap **bleep** back but the don't pick the parcel up and PayPal canceled my case cause I provided incorrect tracking number. PayPal doesn't in cooperation so it looks I'll lose my money 😡
Login to Me Too

lauralouise3
Contributor
Contributor

I gave up in the end.  I was fed up of getting nowhere after 3 months. A lesson learnt I guess.

Login to Me Too

SIECENTO123
Contributor
Contributor

That’s exactly what they want you to do.  Be persistent with PayPal and insist on talking to the Manager.  I did and was refunded.  Also talk to your credit card company and they will recover funds.  

please note always pay for items such as these by credit card and not debit card. Read up the why’s and wherefores.

Login to Me Too

KenW62
Contributor
Contributor
Don't give up on this. I kept on complaining to PayPal constantly over a three month period before they refunded me the full amount! Address they provide for return doesn't exist and impossible to return the cheap rubbish!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.