Okbuynowshop dodgy seller

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case open with paypal, as okbuynowshop sent me a cheap plastic watch, instead of the smart watch that I bought. They have now been forced to offer me a refund, but only if I return it to an address in China. (Cant show the address as it's in Chinese.) To send the watch back to china tracked will cost around £10. Why should I have to pay £10 postage to get my $31 back. The okbuynowshop are taking peoples money, and sending cheap products, that are not what was advertised.

Login to Me Too
207 REPLIES 207

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Did you return dodgy item?

Login to Me Too

CCoomer47
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is a joke too! All they do is tell you to contact the seller and make you wait months and months for any resolution. In most cases it’s just like you said it will cost you more money to return the item then it costs in the first place. I will never order anything from PayPal ever ever again! The only place I will order online is Amazon. They stand behind the product they sell and make it very easy to return them if you’re not happy. PayPal needs to be ashamed of the way they do not help their customers.
Login to Me Too

CCoomer47
Contributor
Contributor
Ya right!!! Ha ha ha!!! I’m a victim too!! PayPal is a joke!! They are probably owned by China.
Login to Me Too

Yaiyai1
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what happened to me. I am still waiting for PayPal to deal with a refund as their PayPal protection is meant to cover this sort of thing. They keep moving the resolution date which, for me, was 30th June to 4th August. They move it on a day every day. I think we should organise a lawsuit against PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
The seller changes the company name every week or so. They still have the same adverts on, but with different company names. The thing is, that they are obviously getting a certain amount of purchases, before customers know that they are scammers. They then change the company name, and carry on scamming new people. I'm pretty sure that paypal will close my case, and I wont get a refund, as I am not willing to pay another £10 postage to send it back to China. The company can still say that the haven't received it, and I will be another £10 down. PayPal do not care about the small customers, when they are making so much money from these facebook scams.
Login to Me Too

Daronl
Contributor
Contributor
I replied to an add of Facebook for a very nice Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Divers watch which was very “glossily” advertised as a special offer with Citizen marketing and sales images including the specific model number. I was a little suspicious as the price was less than 10% of the Citizen catalogue price Yet the images and model number checked out. I contacted Paypal to ask if I purchased this and it turned out to be scam would I gey my £50 back and was advised that the purchase would be safeguarded under Paypal’s Buyer Protection scheme. The watch arrived a couple of weeks later and looked identical to the Citizen Model except it was a a cheap copy, fashion sports watch branded as “Ben Nevis“ (A brand I had never heard of). It had been shipped in a small sealed plastic bag with no paperwork, no returnS information with senders name almost covered with an immovable postage sticker such that I could Just see this package had come from a foreign source but could not make-out the senders name. I searched for the watch on the internet and found it at half the price I paid But even then the advert did’t match the spec being advertised as regards permeability claiming It was waterproof th 30 ATM when on the watch I had received it was inscribed as 3ATM WHICH WOULD MEAN IT WOULD JUST SURVIVE A MORNING SHOWER. There is no doubt that the OKBUYNOWSHOP had gone to great length in producing their very elaborate and very convincing ad on facebook purely to mislead and deceive potential buyers. I compiled a very detailed file of info for Paypal and it is now in their hands -I believe the scam is so clear that Facenook should sever any connection with the this company and moreovet their blatant scamming process is sufficient to result in them being formally and legally taken down as a trading company. DaronL 15/06/2020
Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
I was the same. After research I found that the watch that was being advertised on facebook was a Huawei GT smart watch. Unfortunately I dont know how to upload my evidence to paypal. I have several screenshots, all showing the same facebook advert, but the company in the advert has a different name each time. I was sent an ordinary cheap watch in a plastic bag. I said that it was like buying a house for $1000, and the company sending me a brick. They offered me a $3 refund and said I could keep their cheap plastic watch. But I know I wont see my money again. PayPal are no help, as it's all done by computers, so there is no real person to look at my case.
Login to Me Too

Daronl
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear of your misfortune But can I ask about the description of the item you purchased when the actual transaction Was made on your behalf. When I selected the payment ( on PayPal) and clicked on it it described the watch I ordered by brand and model number Whivh was not what I received Butproved what I purchased in good faith. Also before I purchased it I had quite a long discussion with a paypal agent As there was no evidence it was a Chinese source and that The model number checked out with the manufactures catalogue. He told me if it was a scam then I would be covered by PayPal’s buyer protection. But the point is that the Paypal transaction data specifically states what was being purchased I then sent a a file shoeing the ordered item and the received item which showed it was a counterfeit copy ; so I hope PayPal will honour thiet refund policy As stated on the phone by their agent
Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
My paypal transaction says: Hot selling. Bluetooth smartwatch 6.0. Waterproof. 1 year warranty. Brown.
Login to Me Too

Over88mph
Contributor
Contributor
I've sent paypal a picture of the rubbish that they sent me. The thing is, that paypal have said I need to send the watch back to china with tracking, and it has to arrive by the 22nd June (10 days). Seeing as it took over a month for it to arrive, I dont see how that is possible.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.