How do I appeal an Item not received closed case?

Shgrplm
Contributor
Contributor

I Purchased an item off Kijiji not eBay and paid the seller via PayPal over $1400+ for this item. Seller never provided tracking details until after I complained. I never received item. It appears from what I was told by opening up several Canada Post claims to locate package they lost this parcel but now showed delivered to a different city than I live! I also paid to have signature required on parcel to ensure I received it which it claims on records signature was required, but I never signed for item, got no notice to pick up item at post office via email like you are supposed to during this pandemic. All seller had to do is provide shipping tracking info to PayPal and my case was denied. The seller refuses communication or refund. I was also informed she opened a case with insurance money back to her from Canada Post which I cooperated with Canada Post in their investigations to help seller get her claim approved as they said it appeared item was mistakenly scanned delivered (no pick up signature, not correct delivered city on tracking details). Now she likely got both insurance claim and my money and refunded me nothing and I cannot get information from Canada Post as I am not the sender and seller is not cooperating. I still have not received anything from this seller item or refund. My claim was recently declined but no option to appeal. I contacted customer service several times for help but never get a response from the dispute team on my case. Customer service is not helpful at all. I was told I have 10 days to appeal and running out of time as I cannot find option or get the answers/ help I need to appeal case. Anyone else having this issue how did you fix? Please help as this is a lot of money and feel this is unfair! I have an issue trusting my payments through PayPal after this. Cannot find appeal option??

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

xXIlIlIlIlIXx
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Shgrplm  👋

I totally can relate SO much to this and I will tell you what I have done to get my money back! So since the case has ONLY done its course online it didn't via Phone with the PayPal reps! So you have an Open option! and make sure you take screenshots of the tracking and the order and then phone PayPal Customer Service to speak with a Rep who has WAY more power then we do on the website! Since its a HIGH VALUE item it will be a Big concern to them and will want to resolve it ASAP!

When you Phone make sure you let them know you have screenshots and want to reopen a case that was not solved properly and that its a item worth $1,400+ and they will reopen it and they will ask you to send your Support Documents which is the screenshots of the tracking and your order number for this item! and since pictures speak more then a sentence your Money will be Refunded in no time!

Make sure to have patience and don't get fumed on the phone and everything will be done in your favour ❤️

#DontWorry

Best Of Luck 🥂

Login to Me Too

Shgrplm
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much it's hard not to get frustrated as they seemed not to read any of my notes I sent them to explain my special circumstances they just accepted a tracking number send by the seller as edvidence which I found out just today finally getting through after another hour wait on phone to Canada Post that the seller actually made a claim for my list parcel that I told them was lost and never received and she was refunded the insurance and full shipping back on April 20, 2020 as it was concluded the parcel was list in transit and couldn't be located so they settled her claim. So this seller was paid twice by me and Canada Post which I had already told them from the beginning of escalating my claim in notes they did not read or look into further. However, I've called Canada Post requesting evidence in letter form to prove this but usually takes 2-3 weeks to receive and because I am the receiver and not the sender I may not be able to obtain this information in writing due to privacy policies even though it's marked urgent and explained my situation. I still am unable to figure out how to appeal I can't get any customer service ppl to reply or anyone on the phone this is ridiculous! Is there anything else I can do to get faster service as I'm running out of my 10 day limit to file an appeal? Is there a way to report " seller abuse"? I see buyer abuse in help sections but nothing about seller abuse?
Login to Me Too

Wolfxin
New Community Member

Phone number please. I can't seem to find it.

i live in Melbourne, Australia 

Login to Me Too

Alanr1
Contributor
Contributor

Feel sorry for you, such a large sum.  But you will get no satisfaction from customer service, there IS none. Paypal closed a refund case on me after I escalated the claim.  They say I didn't escalate in time even though their own email evidence shows otherwise. Their agents aren't intelligent enough to recognise this.

Login to Me Too

Shgrplm
Contributor
Contributor
Wow it appears my claim and time to appeal is going by fast as I've been trying multiple times every day to get someone to help and direct me but so far I've gotten no where with customer service. This experience is making me rethink ever using PayPal to buy anything again as there doesn't seem like you have any buyer protection as they claim when you need it after all. So frustrated that I'm not getting help from customer service and no option button to open an appeal it doesn't exist where they claim it is!
Login to Me Too

Victor158
New Community Member
I will discourage everyone not to use paypal. I never trust paypal for a long time but now my fears are confirmed. I think any crook can have a paypal account , no due diligence is made. I ordered for an item from china worth over $200. The seller provided fake tracking number and for several real days nothing happens with the tracking. They keep repeating same journey. PayPal just closed the case without investigation. Sad
Login to Me Too

RCMitchell
New Community Member

Same here but through Shopify

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.